Still confused by Image Show GK4 module styles

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:29 am
something might be escaping me here: when you release new template you also add a module style into the ISGK4, so i.e. in Quark template we have a selection of 13 different module styles. They are named by the template, they appeared first time, and that's a nice way to keep track if you know what the module does. However, I'm experiencing this constantly, that some of the module styles will not work across templates - what's the secret here? And why are they not working? If I install GK4 on Quark I will expect that all the other styles work, so if client likes a particular one, we can switch or add it in a heartbeat.
But that's not so easy... it just does't work...
So what do you say? Each module styles comes with the set of files so logically, there shouldn't be any issues...
If there is a documentation explaining this particular case, I will love to read and bookmark (so far didn't find any) - please advise - thanks,
AZ
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:01 am
Hi

Answer is simple. Image Show module is used as a tool to develop new slider styles. It's easier and faster to implement new styles if all of the basic functionality can be used.

But templates changes with time, they upgraded javascripts libraries, adding new functionality (as responsiveness). This is why style names are using same names as templates and that's why some of this styles may not work with other templates since were created in a different environments sometime.

GK User
Mon May 04, 2015 4:37 am
Hi - thanks for reply. It makes logical sense. On the other hand, when reading the instructions to the NSPGK5 - this one is also affected by the same problem (https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... portfolio1) - the first paragraph states: "... Of course you can use this module also with others not only Gavick templates..."

My point is not to dispute the reason, but offer a feedback with the wish that Gavick modules work across Gavick's templates - I'm sure there are others thinking/wishing the same. Personally, I wouldn't even mind to pay extra to clear that headache.
Best,
AZ
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 08, 2015 1:48 pm
Hi

Ok. What I said is describing some of the styles, but in this case looks like You are only missing mootools library required. Please go to template settings and enable mootols for page where You will want to use it.

GK User
Sat May 09, 2015 4:28 am
@teitbite - thanks!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 11, 2015 10:10 am
Hi

No problem. Glad I could help :)

GK User
Tue May 12, 2015 9:33 pm
@teitbite: not exactly related to the initial topic but related to the Image Show GK4:
let say I create 4 slides within a slideshow - what I'm seeing is that the number assigned to each slide is always 1 (gkIsSlide figure slide1) - I have modified the file so I can apply unique styles (if and when necessary) to get: slide1, slide2, slide3, etc. - but after I have upgraded GK4 (accidentally) - the changes are gone :)
anyhow - two requests perhaps: in the future development, it would be cool to have an option to override (I tried and I don't think it works) GK4 inside template html folder; and two: I'm not sure if this is a bug (haven't investigate it enough) - but it looks like around line 139 (// slide iterator) in view.php:
Code: Select all
class="gkIsSlide figure slide<?php echo ++$num; ?>"
and later
Code: Select all
<div class="figcaption slide<?php echo $num; ?>

wants to iterate the number but nothing happens...
I thought I'll let you know and maybe you already know the solution?
thanks,
AZ
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 16, 2015 4:23 pm
Hi

I cannot find this kind of php construction ;/ Which module style You have in mind ?

GK User
Tue May 26, 2015 3:01 am
Hi - this is in /modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_creativity/view.php
sorry for not including it in the first place
AZ
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 26, 2015 5:07 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Answer is simple. Image Show module is used as a tool to develop new slider styles. It's easier and faster to implement new styles if all of the basic functionality can be used.

But templates changes with time, they upgraded javascripts libraries, adding new functionality (as responsiveness). This is why style names are using same names as templates and that's why some of this styles may not work with other templates since were created in a different environments sometime.

Is this the case for the Image Show GK4 gk_music style when using it with the game news template in Joomla 3? It was working for J2.5.

I am assuming that the only way to know what combinations work is to install Image Show GK4 and try it out for different templates.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 30, 2015 11:56 am
Hi

@bbmedia. It sometimes needs to be done like that, but mostly because of jQuery or mootols version used by template (different date means different library may have been used and not 100% compatible with code). In some cases changing library or script engine helps.

@mbd.gavick :) forget about this $num and replace it with $i+1, does the same thing, but actually works.