Image Show - not loading - Joomla 3.6

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:31 am
Hello,
i know that gavick has stopped support for the Internet Explorer 8. But i have a mysterios problem. The Style GK_University does not load any Picture in IE8.

Now the background. I have two different Web Servers and i installed exactly the same module on both. On the one server, IE 8 will load the pictures and on the other he doesn't. I tested all necessary possibilities but i could not find a solution. It must be a web server configuration problem. The PHP Version is the same. Do you have any idea what configuration could be responsible for that problem.

I 'll give you some output code of the IE, so that you can reproduce it.

Thank you very much.

Code: Select all
<DIV class=gkIsWrapper-gk_university id=gkIs-gk-is-108 data-one-slide="true">
<DIV class=gkIsPreloader>
<DIV class=spinner>
<DIV class=dot1></DIV>
<DIV class=dot2></DIV></DIV></DIV><figure data-title="Test" data-zindex="1" data-link="" data-url="../images/DNET7716.JPG"><figcaption class=gkPage>
<DIV>
<H2><SPAN><A href="/">Test</A></SPAN><BR><SPAN><A href="/">Test</A></SPAN></H2></DIV></figcaption></figure></DIV>

In newer Versions and other Browsers, all work perfect. Debug Console gives no Error.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:33 pm
Sorry, as you have said we don't support ie8 anymore. Its not just because of decision. Getting a decent OS with ie8 is quite impossible. Ie8 also doesn't provide any "usable" tools for development, so the only thing that you could done is to analyse line by line and use console.log or alert to find where the issue is.

GK User
Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:31 pm
I can't get an image to display using the msocial template and jomsocial module positions in joomla 3.6
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:44 pm
@susanb - and how does that connect with the original topic?