Problem after editing slides in backend

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:23 am
Help,
after editing some slides in Image Show GK4 1.4.8 in backend the slides disappeared. They appear in Frontend but i can't see ,edit or add a slide in backend.

joomla 3.3.6 isp 1.4.8

http://www.praesi9.myhostpoint.ch/joomla_33x/

thx 4 help
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:52 am
Local after deinstallation, fresh install and edit this error:

Deprecated: Non-static method GKIS_Image::createThumbnail() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kulturthalwil.ch/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_bikestore/controller.php on line 56

Deprecated: Non-static method GKIS_Image::checkCache() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kulturthalwil.ch/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/class.image.php on line 56

Deprecated: Non-static method GKIS_Image::translateName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kulturthalwil.ch/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/class.image.php on line 56

Deprecated: Non-static method GKIS_Image::getRealPath() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kulturthalwil.ch/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/class.image.php on line 21

Deprecated: Non-static method GKIS_Image::getMediaPath() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kulturthalwil.ch/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/class.image.php on line 32

Deprecated: Non-static method GKIS_Image::getRealPath() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kulturthalwil.ch/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/class.image.php on line 68

Deprecated: Non-static method GKIS_Image::getMediaPath() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kulturthalwil.ch/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/class.image.php on line 32

Deprecated: Non-static method GKIS_Image::translateName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kulturthalwil.ch/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/class.image.php on line 70

Deprecated: Non-static method GKIS_Image::getRealPath() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kulturthalwil.ch/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/class.image.php on line 21

Deprecated: Non-static method GKIS_Image::translateName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kulturthalwil.ch/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_bikestore/view.php on line 36

any suggestion

thx 4 reply
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:58 am
Hello,

same error after migrating my server.
Unfortunately for removing this error, disable the thumbnails generation in the module options.

Someone would have a solution to avoid this?

thank you in advance :)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:51 am
Hello,

Did you find any solution for this problem?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:32 pm
Hi

Files between this versions must have been a little different, so try install it over one more time and than refresh it's configuration panel in browser. Unfortunatelly slides will may need to be set again.

For the "Deprecated" notices simply disable showing errors in global joomla configuration panel for server.

GK User
Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:39 am
The same problem is still showing! I downloaded from here https://www.gavick.com/download/joomla-modules and I tried to install it! But the same problem occured!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:09 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to Your joomla panel. I need to check it myself.

teitbite
Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:14 am
Hi

I'm sorry, but I cannot tell what happened here. My guess is that it was because of some issue while connecting to datatabse the date was not delivered fully. I can see slides are created now, so I believe it was just some accidental case. Please simply recreate this slides.

GK User
Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:23 pm
The same problem again! Did you try to create a new one alone?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:55 pm
Hi

Yes I did, just recorder me adding a slide again so You can see. Did You cleared browser cache before adding new slides? I think Your browser is still loading old module's javascript files.

http://g.recordit.co/QHkVHQfoTI.gif

GK User
Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:20 am
I have already done everything you mentioned above, but the same problem exists. I have cleared my cache and I tried to create a new module but the same happens.Could you send me a screenshot of the site to see that I am wrong, because the only thing I can see is the administrator's site. I would like to show an Image Show as "EU" module in right_header
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:53 pm
Hi

The title of this thread says that problem is in backend, so I was only checking this part, but I've published the same module I was making tests with and here is how it display on site: http://g.recordit.co/m4IZa0yJJe.gif

Can You please make a video to show me how this problem looks like for You? After Your last post I think I didn't understand what issue You have exactly.

GK User
Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:33 pm
the problem with this has been solved, but I have the same problem with another ImageShow module,
"Photos from Event of Athens" with id=795. What happens there???
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:37 pm
Hi

I disabled creating thumbnails in module settings. Looks like Your PHP version doesn't go well with thumb creating function.

GK User
Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:06 pm
I was using IIS 10 with PHP 5.6.0 and I have moved back to PHP 5.3.28. With this change I have to believe it is a PHP issue. If you are using PHP version 5.6.0 try a different version. I have not tried it with any other versions. I have another site with a different template provider(different server, both were IIS) and had a similar problem with a module changed the version from 5.6 to 5.3.28 and it worked. I hope this helps someone until the providers have time to look into this problem
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:07 pm
Hi

My guess is that PHP 5.6.0 provides a different image modification functions or maybe this functions are simply disabled by default. I will inform programmers about this. Thank You for pointing this problem out.

GK User
Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:42 pm
Hi,
unfortunately I have the same problem after switch PHP to version 5.6.x.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:19 am
Hi

Try simply set error showing level to none for now (in joomla global settings or php.ini), those are not errors, but notices. I will forward this problem to programmers for a fix in upcoming module version.

GK User
Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:20 am
Im using 5.4 php so not yet having some of the errors

While its always advisable to update the versions of modules, someone earlier in the topic has mentioned a work around:

In the "Interface" section of the module, disable "Thumbnails"

This worked for me and I can now modify existing slides...after making this change, the module option tabs switched from the top of the page, to the left side of the page.

Clear Cache on your website after updating the version (and on cloudflare if using that)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:02 pm
Hi

Yes, that could be a solution to avoid using functions showing those messages, but You will not be able to use small image representation and it will have an impact on page speed load. I think it's better to just disable showing notices.