Image show / Width of Image Show / and Image not Resizeing

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:47 pm
Hi there, I have two issues that I am not able to figure out, please help or guide me in the right direction

I have downloaded GKSTOREFRONT with sampledata etc.

My first question is
If I do not want the slideshow to span across the whole page how do I limit this?

My second question and more frustrating on for me is in the interface section of slide show it enables you to adjust the image height and width, but when I save and refresh nothing happens? HELP :(

I have uploading setting so that you can see
question2gavick.png

Thank you
A
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:17 pm
Hi

To restrict module view use this code:

Code: Select all
.gkIsWrapper-gk_storefront {
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-width: 1200px;
}

For other issue try clear browser cache. If this will not work send me an access to joomla panel.

GK User
Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:34 pm
Hi there, thanks for that

But where do I put that code?:)

Thanks
A
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:00 pm
Hi

Any css changes should be placed in override.css file after making sure override is enabled in template settings.

teitbite
Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:18 pm
Hi

I could not check much, because my access level was not sufficient to log to see Your site, just admin panel. But I've done all tests on my copy of this quickstart. I think I understand where Your confusion is.

There is an option for module height there and this is the only option to manipulate with slider. Since it's a responsive style of this module it will always cover 100% of available space.

Settings for images in this style are only to prepare the image which will be used as a background. So this option works and image is resized, but it still will be over resized to cover full width.

What You need is restricting the available area for image show and this will be done with the code I gave You already.

GK User
Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:00 pm
Ah think I understand now and what you say makes sense.

So cut a long story short I will try out your code and come back to you

Thanks a mill :)
A
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:50 pm
Hi there I just tried the code you gave, but it does not work :(

Anything else I should do?

Thanks
A
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:01 pm
Also one more question for some reason when I add a product in Hikshop using the storefront template and I click on the product there is a date and time stamp displaying, how do I turn that off, i have looked in joomla configuration for articles and it is truned off there, I am looking at hikshop too any idea?

Thanks again
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:13 pm
Hi

I do not see date in products, so I believe You have solved that already.

You have forgotten to activate override in template settings :) Please also change the code to:

Code: Select all
.gkIsWrapper-gk_storefront {
    margin: 0 auto !important;
    max-width: 1200px;
}

because I see margin got overwritten by a different class.

GK User
Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:42 pm
Hi yes thanks, I managed to resolve the date issue.

How do I turn on the override in template settings? I have gone to the template via extensions/templatemanager,

I am using the gk_storefront - Default, so i go to advanced settings and notice there that CSS override is turned on, os there anywhere else I should be looking?

Sorry about this and thanks for the help

A
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:26 am
Hi

No, the Override css in advanced settings is the one I was talking about. But it's disabled by default, so You must have been using it already.