Unable to create new slides with Image Show GK4

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:57 am
Hi there,

I have installed a new version from a quickstart pack where Image Show GK4 did not work.

Just in case I have installed Joomla 3.x version with Magic Quotes turned ON (as this is not recommended by your documentation) I have done the following:

1) Uninstalled Image Show GK4 module
2) Created a php.ini file making sure Magic Quotes is set to OFF
3) Changed .htaccess file (so SuPHP handler can designate what php.ini file to execute)
4) Reinstalled Image Show GK4 (mod_image_show_gk4_J!3.zip)
BUT,
Image Show still not allowing me to save new slides to my storefront template. :(

Can you help me?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:17 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to Your joomla panel.

teitbite
Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:02 am
Hi

Reported to programmers. Will let You know when they will answer.

GK User
Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:18 am
Thank you. I have the same issue with other websites as well. It may be a hosting related problem.
I'm waiting for your reply. Cheers.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:43 pm
Hi

Yes it looks like some javascript compression. Could be this compression is used by server. For example a file http://your_domain.co.uk/J3xnew/modules ... /script.js this should not be a long one line. Please ask Your hosting provider about that.

GK User
Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:02 am
i have a simlar problem

After deinstalling and reinstalling IS gk4 could i add 2 slides. After that they disappeared and i can't add new ones or edit the 2 already added. I deinstalled jch , no js compression in template and host settings.
Well i am confused. Any chance to fix that?

http://www.praesi9.myhostpoint.ch/joomla_33x/
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:40 am
Hi

Please tell me the access to Your joomla panel. Have You tried to clear browser's and joomla cache ?

GK User
Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:44 pm
i already send you the log to your gmail addres, i do it once again

thx 4 help
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:21 am
Hi

When I try to enter joomla panel I see this message: "Warning You do not have access to the administrator section of this site.". Can You please extend my privileges.

GK User
Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:17 am
i have extended.
sorry 4 that
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:33 am
Hi

I've reported this to programmers. Will let You know when I'll know something more.

GK User
Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:48 am
thx a lot
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:49 pm
Hi

Ok. Looks like in some cases specific chars in content are breaking the attributes in database. Programmers are working on the fix, but for sure all slides will have to be recreated.

GK User
Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:02 am
Thers another problem Image show GK4 don't work/show on windows in internet explorer - macos opera.
Also on other sites.

?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:05 am
Hi

It's not showing because one of the images for slide has been removed, so load process never ends. Please remove the slide without a image or put the image back.

GK User
Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:46 am
Perfekt now the slides appear in backend and can be edited. thanks a lot.

what was the problem? You wrote about specific chars, are html tags not allowed?
I will check the slider next week on a windows vm (explorer) , on mac os it works in all browsers.

thx a lot
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:53 pm
Hi

Probably specific language chars. I do not know exactly which one. Anyway glad to hear it's working now :)

GK User
Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:37 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Probably specific language chars. I do not know exactly which one. Anyway glad to hear it's working now :)

what do you mean a problem with the language file? How to fix or correct the "can't see slides" in image show?

thank you in advance
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:47 am
Hi

I haven't seen Your site yet :) it's an old thread so it may be a different problem. Please try update module to the latest version, than go to module's configuration and clear browsers cache couple of times. Let me know if this helped.