Removing "read more" from MUSICSTATE image show GK4

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:56 pm
Hey guys!

I would like to remove the "read more" text in this module
http://cool-o-mat.com/zentrum/cms/

I found this code in mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_musicstate/view.php
Code: Select all
            <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>"><?php echo JText::_('MOD_IMAGE_SHOW_MUSIC_STATE_READMORE'); ?></a>

But removing this leads to losing the navigation-links at the right side, too.

Any suggestions, how I can get rid of the "read more" only?"

Thank you very much for your support!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:51 pm
if you want to send me ftp I can help ya out. Looks like the pagination is making the width of your page big aswell so that should be fixed too
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:18 pm
Hi

You should be able to configure if read more buttons are shown or not in menu item or category settings (depends of the number of categories used).

Please add this code to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings to fix the horisontal scrolling issue I see on Your site:

Code: Select all
#gkHeaderMod {
overflow: hidden;
}

GK User
Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:22 am
same problem here. images aren't bound to any category or article (images are added into the image show module) so the global controls to shut off read more have no effect.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:13 pm
You can remove it fromt he module..Through ftp go to /modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_musicstate (or choose the style you are using) and download view.php
do a search for "READMORE". You are looking for this line of code
"<a href="<?php echo $link; ?>"><?php echo JText::_('MOD_IMAGE_SHOW_MUSIC_STATE_READMORE'); ?></a>"
You can remove that and save / upload the file

docgarry wrote:same problem here. images aren't bound to any category or article (images are added into the image show module) so the global controls to shut off read more have no effect.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:27 pm
now that was easy.

big thanks.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:43 am
No problem :)
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:49 pm
Can we just translate the "READ MORE" instead hiding it? Should work editing a line of the *.ini language files...

(3 minutes later)...

en-GB.mod_image_show_gk4.ini

Last lines ;)

MOD_IMAGE_SHOW_ESPORT_IS_LOADING="Loading"
MOD_IMAGE_SHOW_LEAGUE_NEWS_MORE_NEWS="More news..."
MOD_IMAGE_SHOW_THE_REAL_DESIGN_IS_LOADING="Loading..."
MOD_IMAGE_SHOW_CREATIVITY_READMORE="What we do"
MOD_IMAGE_SHOW_MUSIC_STATE_READMORE="Read more"

You could edit or delete the text between the ""
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:53 pm
Hi

Yes, that's also a correct solution. Thank You for sharing it with us.