Open slide in new window

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:44 am
Hi,

I'd like to know how to be able to open any "Slides" that are categorized as "Text" (using the selected URL) in a new window instead of current. I am using the gk_shop_and_buy style.
Please advice.

Regards,

Paul
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:06 am
Could you please post an url to your site - and point to a place where such link is available?

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:22 pm
Site is not published yet, still on server, but I added a screenshot of the issue.

We are using GK_Instyle template on Joomla 3.3.3. When you choose the 'Your Slides' option in the Module mod_image_show_gk4
you can add one ore more slides and add a picture to your slide including a URL. When you click on the Slide at the Front End it opens the URL in the same window instead of a new window or tab. Is there an option or setting to change that?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:24 pm
Without some modifications to ImageShow module itself it is impossible, and we don't support this kind of modifications.

GK User
Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:26 pm
Hi Cyberek,

I found this solution: Open Slide Link in New Window https://www.gavick.com/forums/image-sho ... 25973.html but I cannot find the correct file to edit. Can you help me out?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:41 am
/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_shop_and_buy/view.php
modify this section:
Code: Select all
         <div <?php echo 'class="figcaption '. $this->config['config']->gk_shop_and_buy->gk_shop_and_buy_title_block_position . $additional_class .'"'; ?>>
            <?php if($this->config['config']->gk_shop_and_buy->gk_shop_and_buy_show_title_block) : ?>   
            <h3><a href="<?php echo $link; ?>"><?php echo JString::substr($title, 0, $this->config['config']->gk_shop_and_buy->gk_shop_and_buy_title_block_length); ?></a></h3>
            <?php endif; ?>

<?php if($this->config['config']->gk_shop_and_buy->gk_shop_and_buy_show_text_block) : ?>   
            <p><a href="<?php echo $link; ?>"><?php echo JString::substr($text, 0, $this->config['config']->gk_shop_and_buy->gk_shop_and_buy_text_block_length); ?></a></p>
            <?php endif; ?>
         </div>

to:
Code: Select all
         <div <?php echo 'class="figcaption '. $this->config['config']->gk_shop_and_buy->gk_shop_and_buy_title_block_position . $additional_class .'"'; ?>>
            <?php if($this->config['config']->gk_shop_and_buy->gk_shop_and_buy_show_title_block) : ?>   
            <h3><a target="_blank" href="<?php echo $link; ?>"><?php echo JString::substr($title, 0, $this->config['config']->gk_shop_and_buy->gk_shop_and_buy_title_block_length); ?></a></h3>
            <?php endif; ?>

<?php if($this->config['config']->gk_shop_and_buy->gk_shop_and_buy_show_text_block) : ?>   
            <p><a target="_blank" href="<?php echo $link; ?>"><?php echo JString::substr($text, 0, $this->config['config']->gk_shop_and_buy->gk_shop_and_buy_text_block_length); ?></a></p>
            <?php endif; ?>
         </div>