Blank Page when Image Show is Enabled

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:38 pm
I had no problem setting up the Image Show module on the homepage of my site. Once it's enabled with a slide, however, my site's homepage (the only location that the module is activated) loads nothing, and is just a blank page.

I turned the error reporting mode to "Development" and I found the following errors:

Code: Select all
Strict Standards: Non-static method GKIS_Bluap_Image::createThumbnail() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home1/[hostingname]/public_html/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_bluap/controller.php on line 56

Strict Standards: Non-static method GKIS_Bluap_Image::checkCache() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home1/[hostingname]/public_html/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_bluap/class.image.php on line 50

Strict Standards: Non-static method GKIS_Bluap_Image::translateName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home1/[hostingname]/public_html/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_bluap/class.image.php on line 50

Strict Standards: Non-static method GKIS_Bluap_Image::getRealPath() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home1/[hostingname]/public_html/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_bluap/class.image.php on line 21

Strict Standards: Non-static method GKIS_Bluap_Image::getRealPath() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home1/[hostingname]/public_html/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_bluap/class.image.php on line 62

Strict Standards: Non-static method GKIS_Bluap_Image::translateName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home1/[hostingname]/public_html/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_bluap/class.image.php on line 64

Strict Standards: Non-static method GKIS_Bluap_Image::getRealPath() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home1/[hostingname]/public_html/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_bluap/class.image.php on line 21

URL: [removed by moderator]

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:23 pm
Hello,

Please check your error_log file - the Strict Standard errors cannot cause the blank page.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:27 pm
This is the only other error I received with the module enabled and the slide active:

[26-Jul-2014 13:23:10 America/[Location]] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: stdClass::$content in /home1/[hostingname]/public_html/templates/gk_news2/lib/menu/GKHandheld.php on line 176
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 am
Very weird - please send me an FTP and back-end access to your website.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:25 pm
I've PMed you with the details
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:54 pm
Sorry but your FTP access won't help me - I need an access to the root directory of your installation - your FTP configuration leads to the template directory directly.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:46 pm
Updated - all the login information is the same. Now you can access all of public_html
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:27 pm
And what about the back-end access? The provided username and password are not working for the administrator area.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:32 pm
That should now work as well. Sorry for the delay
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:07 am
Problem should be fixed now - I've modified file class.image.php and I've changed line:

ini_set('memory_limit', '64M');

to:

ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');
Administrator

GK User
Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:51 pm
Now it's working correctly. Thank you!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:38 am
hi dzuidek,

could you tell me where you found that "class.image.php" file?

thanks.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:26 am
The class.image.php file have own instance in every Image Show style directory.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:22 pm
so... i found the image.php files and changed all the instances to 128M, but the same problem still exists... the first slide appears and then it goes white on the next one. it works fine sometimes with some browsers and then doesn't work other times with other browsers.
have a look if you get a moment: http://listen2014.the-listen-project.com/

thanks.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:37 am
@docgarry - did you modified the module view? And which version of the module are you using?
Administrator

GK User
Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:36 am
looks like Image Show GK4, ver. 1.46.
haven't done anything to the module itself... just tried different settings.
at first the images were png files but i switched to jpg thinking that might help.
all images are 600 x 338 pixels.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:30 am
Please send me the back-end and FTP access using the PM message.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:41 am
I've updated this file to the newest one and now for me your image show module is working fine: https://github.com/GavickPro/Image-Show ... /engine.js
Administrator

GK User
Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:45 pm
looking good here too.
big thanks.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:22 pm
Hi

Website urls removed from thread on @streverett request.