Make module load faster

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:31 am
Hi,

I am using the template gk_startup with joomla 2.5 and the Image Show GK4ver. 1.40 with the theme gk_bluap.. My boss is killing me to make the module load faster and not having this delay to show up.. Please can you give me some guidelines?
Even if i have to play around with the engine.js.. i am pretty familiar with javascript

I need it to show up as fast as possible when the page loads. You can check it out in www.comidor.com
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:40 pm
Hello,

For me the module loads very fast, but if you want to make it faster please open the engine.js file for the Image Show style and please replace line:

Code: Select all
window.addEvent("load",function(){

to:

window.addEvent("domready",function(){

You can also optimize the loading time by changing:

}, 500);
       });
    }, 1000);
});

to:

}, 150);
       });
    }, 250);
});

in the same file.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:38 am
Thank you very much for your response.
I' ll try it. The temporary solution i did to cheat the visitor was with css. I assigned to the preloader class a background image which was the screenshot of the first slide and it does the trick for sure!
The thing is that this won't work nicely on multilingual sites like mine, since you can't assign a different bg image for a language. I would have to do it with javascript..

For me it also loads pretty fast, but my boss got kinky with it :)

Keep up the good work!
Junior Boarder