ImageShow GK4 not working after Joomla 3.2 update

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:20 pm
Hello,

I've been using Image Show GK4 for a long time on one of my sites: http://www.villaponderosa.eu. Today, I updated from Joomla 3.1.x to the latest 3.2.x version via the Administrator Control Panel. However, since then the GK4 slide shows stopped working. They are stuck at the "loading" wheel, but nothing happens.
What can I do to troubleshoot this and to fix the problem?

There are different slide shows, all created as modules in the "mainbody_top" position: one on the home page, one on the 3rh and 4th menu items.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:27 pm
I have done some more things;

- Updated to Joomla 3.0
- Updated Meet_Gavern template to latest one
- Re-installed Image Show GK4 /w newest version
- Re-created slideshows

But all this didn't help, unfortunately...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:10 pm
same issue here, please help
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:11 pm
Meantime, I have done everything. There are a lot of similiar issues mentioned here in the forum, tried all suggested solutions, but no luck.

Also read a lot of info about the update. It seems that there are updates in Joomla 3.3 regarding Java / jQuery.
Those issues seem to block some extentions, including Image Show GK4 in our examples.

When you turn on debugging in your browser, issues can be found regaring java / jQuery. I'm not a programmer, so I don't have a clue what to do next. It has to do something with loading jQuery multiple times, I believe.

Now, as temporary solution I have installed another extention: Slideshow CK . This one DOES work with Joomla 3.3. Better yet, when we load Slideshow CK on the same page as Image Show CK4 from gavickpro - both will work! Strange thing....
Fresh Boarder