Image show loading time problem

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:27 pm
Hello,

I have the website in test:

http://www.antiguaholidayvillas.com/pro ... 61&lang=en

When the website load all the content page are loaded fast but Image show shows the firts image only when all the slide images are loaded.
In this way the bottom contenet are loaded before the top and the website look crab, my customer is really afraid about this and hi stress me why a new website load too slow.

I read some posts in this forum about this issue and your staff speak about improving caching time:

1) I enable cache, gzip compression and other feautures without success
2) It's not a network ping problem or image size becouse I have a pages with another slide, this slide with more pictures and the same size (aruound 100kb) load fastest, you can try here:
http://www.antiguaholidayvillas.com/pro ... 28&lang=en
3) Also in my local version, when you refresh the page and images are in Joomla/browser cache the image appear after 2 seconds (???)

I think the problem is how IMSGK4 is programmed, I hope in the next release will be fixed the issue and the first image will be displayed soon as possible and the others after in background like all the others slider you find on the web.

I really like your templates and tools but in this case if the problem will not fixed I need to replace all the slides and their traslations with another thirdparty slider, too mutch work :(

Hope you can help me Josef
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:45 pm
Hi

Image show has a preloaded which doesn't wait for images to load but for load of a whole site. Which means You may also try and see how it looks like when preloader is removed. Try after adding this to css:

Code: Select all
.gkIsWrapper-gk_musicstate .gkIsPreloader {
display: none !important;
}

GK User
Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:35 pm
I add the code you post and now you can see what happens

this is a simple page with few contenent:

http://www.antiguaholidayvillas.com/pro ... 62&lang=en

the rest of the page are loaded fast but slideshow wait to show the first image until all the others are loaded ( you can see really well now, a fast and
chaotic slides preview are showed before the first image.

Regards Josef
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:03 pm
Hi

Acctualy without preloader You see images loaded right away. The only problem is that they are loaded in random order and first image doesn't show as first to cover rest. I'm afraid this will work that way. That's probably why preloader was used in the first place. You will have to replace this slider with one that fills Your needs.