Image Show for Joomla 3.x

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:53 am
Issues with Image Show image rotation on music state. I downloaded the gk_musicstate_quickstart_J!3.zip and did a fresh install on Joomla 3.2.0. Quickstart has image show version 1.38.1 - image rotation was OK but the last photo would flash in between slides (I know the issue existed) so I did a download of the latest Image Show from the website under Version 3 (mod_image_show_gk4_j!3.zip). After loading it the rotation issues and image flashing went away, but now the management is not working. Under Module manager it can not find my slides, although the are working if I hit the site with a browser. The Module screen for Image Show on the module tab is showing HTML (i have included a screen shot). The version I have now is 1.44

I have also downloaded and installed the latest music template - no change module manager still not working for Image Show.

Next I upgraded to Joomla 3.2.3 - no change.

What should I try next?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:03 pm
I was able to find an older version of Image Show that I used in the past. I downgraded from Ver 1.44 of image show to Ver 1.41.2 and all is well.
I can now manage Image Show from Module Manager and see the slides correctly on the front-end with both IE11 and Chrome.

Is there any concern on running on the older version? What would have changed that doesn't allow 1.44 to run?

I have done many installation tests, trying the installs in different orders and this is the only version that I could get to work:
1)Install from the Music State Quickstart downloaded from your site last night which has Image Show version 1.38.1
2)Install the latest Music State Template downloaded from your site last night.
--slide work and can be managed but images flash in between slides
3)Install old download of Image Show version 1.41.2
--now I can manage slides, view slides and no flash of images

Version 1.44 of Image show the slides continue to work but they can not be managed from the Module Manager - no slide show up in the list.

Should I be concerned about going live with version 1.41.2 of Image Show?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:44 pm
Hi

There will be no problem using older version. I'm just interested in the issue reported. I have no such problem when I install it on my copy. If there is a way to make a copy of site so I van test it in Your server than it would be great. Problem may be connected to server configuration.

GK User
Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:02 am
I will update this post in a couple of days. I am finishing the site using the template, but it is currently on a local development server. Once it is on the web I can will verify that the same behavior happens on my hosted site (I use 1and1.com) and my dev site. Also, I would then be able to get you access to check things out.

Thanks for the reply.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:10 pm
Hi

ok. Thank You very much, I'll be waiting for that.