Links to _blank

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:06 am
Hello again,
Don't even know where should I post this question: Template discussion ((M)Social, Image Show discussion, or Grid discussion (you don't have it on this forum anyway)?
Here's the deal - playing around with those three, came accross this issue: If I put link into slide setting, when that slide is shown, clicking the link will open new page in the same window. How do I set it in such a way that it would open it with _blank setting, other words in new window?
Thanks. (Not to ruing the operational site, I've put example of what I am talking about at http://v-boge.org for now - the third slideshow with girls should open a new window when clicked).
Thanks.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:18 am
Right now none of those modules have that possibility.
You could change source code of the module, but then whenever you use the module - it will always open in new window.
There is a little JS trick method that allows to open outgoing links (links that don't link to your site) in new window - perhaps this could help you?

GK User
Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:04 am
Cyberek wrote:There is a little JS trick method - perhaps this could help you?

Yeah, will need some explanation as to where to put it in to as well. Thank you.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:50 pm
You need to edit this file:
/templates/gk_msocial/js/gk.scripts.js

Now add at it's end:
Code: Select all
jQuery(function() {

jQuery('a').each(function() {
   var a = new RegExp('/' + window.location.host + '/');
   if(!a.test(this.href)) {
       jQuery(this).click(function(event) {
           event.preventDefault();
           event.stopPropagation();
           window.open(this.href, '_blank');
       });
   }
});

});

This will work for all anchor elements on entire page. You can modify it to work just for gkGrid:

jQuery(function() {

jQuery('#gk-grid-134 a').each(function() {
if(!a.test(this.href)) {
jQuery(this).click(function(event) {
event.preventDefault();
event.stopPropagation();
});
}
});

});
[/code]

GK User
Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:11 pm
Tried to copypaste both of those versions - neither did work. ((( Still opens in the same window.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:51 pm
Yeah, its tricky, as grid elements are not available on dom load - they are loaded while site is ready.
You can check this code, it might work, but I'm not 100% sure:
Code: Select all
jQuery(function() {
   jQuery('#gk-grid-134').on('click', 'a', function(){
      if(!a.test(this.href)) {
         event.preventDefault();
         event.stopPropagation();
      }
   });
});

Again - put it at the end of gk.sripts.js file, and remove previous modifications.

GK User
Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:17 pm
Didn't work again... :) If there's any way I could use Image Show as plugin? I'd create article with this plugin string, and put article in the grid - then I'd be able to put one url in the article and that'd work...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:32 pm
Sadly, I don't have any other idea how this could be achieved :(.