ImageShow / Creativity / Joomla 3.2 - images not displaying

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:09 am
I have a new Joomla 3.2 installation, using Creativity 3.9.2 and Image Show 1.41.1.

I installed Image Show and I placed it in the same position (intro) as the Creativity demo. I added four slides using images placed in the following directory: [joomla root]/images/slideshow.

The slideshow starts and cycles through the four images, displaying the captions; but, the images are not displayed.

When I inspect the code, the background-image url for each slide is set to the Joomla root only; the image path specified on each slide is being picked up.

<div class="gkIsSlide figure slide1 " data-link="#gkBottom1-1" style="background-image: url("http://dev30.denisonforum.org/"); visibility: visible; opacity: 0;"></div>

I noticed that there was a difference between the J2.5 and J3 versions of view.php in the creativity style of Image Show around lines 36-37, where the slide path is being set:

J2.5 (uses one line to assign to the path):
$path = $this->config['image_show_data'][$i]->image;

J3 (uses two line to assign to the path):
$path = $uri->root();
$path .= $slide->image;

When I change the J3 version of view.php in the creativity style of Image Show to match the J2.5 version, the images begin to display as expected.

Could I have done something wrong in my configuration of Image Show to cause those two lines of code not to assign the slide path correctly? Have I missed something? This is not a bug, is it?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:20 pm
Hi

Unfortunately this is a bug. Thank You for raporting it.

teitbite
Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:06 pm
Hi

One small question. Is creating thumbnail option enabled in module settings ?

GK User
Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:21 am
Thank you for the response.

Although I wish that it wasn't a bug, I am glad that I did not make a mistake in my configuration.

'Generate Thumbnails' is disabled.

Thank you for your help.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:59 am
Hi

It was a bug and a fixed version is available already. Please redownload and reinstall module in Your site.

GK User
Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:49 pm
Thank you for the quick fix!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:57 am
Hi

No problem, but all thanks to our programmers :)