ImageShow GK4 1.40: can't select image

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:55 pm
When I try to select an image for a new (or existing) slide, the screen turns dark grey. I expect that a screen where I can select an image pops up but nothing happens.

I have this issue on several servers (local and online), all with Joomla 2.5.16 and the latest version of Image Show (1.40). The issue occors in all browsers: IE11, FF and Google Chrome. In browser Opera just nothing happens.

This is the screen I get:

How can I solve this?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:13 pm
Hi.
1) Did you have this same problem before updating a module, or you update because you have this problem?
2) On which Module Style it happen on all or only one?

p.s.
For me... It looks like JS conflict with other solution that you probably have installed on back-end ...or what is also possible problem with server settings. Because I'm using this module on several websites and still works, even after update.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:46 pm
Hi,

1. I did the update because I got this problem.
I got the issue solved on my testserver by select another module style and switch back to gf_coffee. It keeps working. On the other hand, I did all the same on my liveserver for that site (on another hosting company) and there, the problem still exists.

2. Module style is gk_coffee.

3. I did not made any changes to the Joomla-installation before the problem occurred: no new components/plugins or modules. After the problem occurred I also did an update to 2.5.16.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:14 pm
ad 2) "2. Module style is gk_coffee."
so problem is only with one style ?
If yes, you can always change style to another - add images, than change again to "gk_coffee".

But , under my Joomla installation I don't have such a problem.

You can always send me access to back-end - where I can check.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:21 pm
For some reason, everything went back to normal. Thank you for your advice. I think that changing to another style solved the problem.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:03 pm
I have the same problem.
The problem appeared after upgrading to GK4ver. 1.41
I changed module_Style like marchxz did.

I have the template Musik and use the style Boutique

The blank modal dissapeared by when i tried to insert a new slide i see my firebug

ReferenceError: invalid assignment left-hand side
add_form.getElement('.gk_tab_add_content').set('value') = '';

which was clearing all my fields and not allowing me to save my slide. Only one of the two slides appears in my frontend, the other image is blank although the path is correct
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:46 pm
Hmm, hard to say.
If you have old version of installer, you can uninstall new version and install a old one (if it worked fine), before I will check it.
Today is Sunday so nobody will fix this module until tomorrow.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:08 pm
ok, I think I know what had happened
as you can read here: https://www.gavick.com/updates.html?tas ... 01&catid=6

"6 oldest styles are no longer supported"

one of web developer decided to delete 6 module styles from module code.
That's why version 1.4.1 don't have it.. "\styles\gk_boutique" - was one of them.
If you need all styles you have to install version 1.40 or older version.
probably you will find it on your HDD if you downloaded module 2 weeks ago.
Platinum Boarder