blurry images

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:02 pm
Hi there,

Slideshow: the images are set at 100% quality, sized exactly as they are in the Module Options, but are being somehow shrunken then stretched, resulting in slightly blurry images. I know this because when I copy the image from the media folder it is the correct pixel dimension/same as option settings, but when I copy the image from the slideshow it is smaller (when pasted in to Photoshop).

Any ideas how to make the images as sharp as they truly are???

Thank you!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:00 pm
Hi

Please show me Your site.

GK User
Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:24 pm
You will need to login since it's not live yet, what's the best way to send/post the login info?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:12 pm
Hi

Please use my email address form bottom of every post or a forum PM system.

GK User
Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:24 am
I too am having the same issue

I thought my eyes were going funny... my images are super clean and everything is set at 100%

Help!!

Alain
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:46 pm
Hi

Ok. I probably do not see as good as You since this imager are sharp to me, but I can see that images are 1200px but the width of the space they can resize to is 1250px. So You can use pictures with 1250px or add this code to css:

Code: Select all
.gkIsWrapper-gk_publisher figure {
    margin: 25px;
    max-width: 1200px;
}

GK User
Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:43 pm
Excuse my newbieness but where do i do that?!?!

let me know

Thanks

Salut

Alain
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:53 pm
Thank you, I will try.

To newbie: You will need to make a custom css or see if your template has a css edit option in your template manager.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:24 pm
Was able to create css...

but still way blurry... it just shifted the images over....

i find it VERY weird... When you right click and select the image it is blurry but when you go inside the site and select the same image it is fine...

What should the size of the image be... ?!? bigger than the one there in the demo?!?

Thanks for your help

Alain
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:49 am
This did seem to work, thanks very much—you were right I think, they were stretching a little. I knew they were blurry because I was able to compare them to the original files. But yes, they didn't look terrible.

Thanks a lot. :side:
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:21 pm
Hi

This Image Show style is responsive so it will resize the images to the width of the area it was published in which means that You can use slightly bigger images than are showing. This way You will not come across the problem of oversizing the image.