Image Path Suggestion

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:31 pm
Hi There!

The current Image Show GK4 and NSPGk4/5 thumbnail create class/method hard coded "images/" for image path and I don't know if I'm the only one from hundreds or thousands of Gavick users who customize com_media path instead of using the default image/ folder.

Anyways, I don't think it would be hard for Gavick's developer team to retrieve com_media image path rather than harcoding it to image/.

And by the way is there any issues if ever Gavick Templates or modules use a different image path?

Gavick developer if you ever consider changing your code, here it is:
Code: Select all

function getMediaPath() {
           $imagemanager = JComponentHelper::getParams('com_media');
      $imagepath = $imagemanager->get('image_path', '');
      return $imagepath;
         }
   // function to change file path to  real path.
   function getRealPath($path) {
      //$start = strpos($path, 'images/');
      $start = strpos($path, self::getMediaPath());
      $path = './'.substr($path, $start);
      return realpath($path);
   }

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
Ill post that suggestion to devteam. Thanks a lot.

GK User
Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:06 am
Hi Cyberek,

:P Any news from your devteam if they share my view on image path?

Well, I know it would create more time for them to update those layouts but at the end it benefits those clients like us who likes to organize website assets like images, documents, videos and not just dump all of it into a single folder called /images.

I really hope they will consider.

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:44 am
Right now its just a suggestion and will be considered, but it would require a lot of modifications to current templates. More likely it might be an idea for future templates.

GK User
Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:39 pm
Hi Cyberek,

I just saw your reply, the Forum system seems to be not sending email notification for replies.

Anyways, I checked what you said about the templates, that changes might needed for the templates to work with my suggestion. I don't think that's the case, I've been using Gavick templates for 3 years now and there's nothing in your code that uses a hardcoded /images to pull images. Your modules and templates are seems be independent with each other except for CSS/overrides.

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:10 pm
Sorry, you are absolutely right. The code provided to our devteam will be merged into all templates soon. Thanks for providing it.