Image Show GK4 does not work!

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue May 14, 2013 11:49 pm
Well, I just installed RockWall startup package on my localhost (Mamp) and it seems like the Image Show GK4 that ships with that package does not work. Here is the scenario:

When I installed the theme and loged into the admin for the first time I was able to see the sample slides that come with the package but when I edited them they all disappeared! Now I can neither add nor edit anything.

How can I solve this. I have tried to read some posts here but I am still at a loss!

Joomla! 3.1
Image Show GK4
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 15, 2013 8:35 am
What Joomla! version you use ? Is there possibility to access to your installation ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 15, 2013 9:37 am
bkrztuk wrote:What Joomla! version you use ? Is there possibility to access to your installation ?
Thanks for responding. Am using the latest joomla version Joomla! 3.1

The site is still locally on my Mac so I do not think it is possible for you to have a direct access (unless there is a way to do so).
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 16, 2013 8:11 am
You need to publish site on-line to provide me access. Usually I need admin + FTP details so please let me know when you can send me details.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 29, 2013 7:04 pm
I am also having the same issue. I used the quickstart for rock wall for joomla 3.0 and when i update the slides, they disappear after hitting save. I installed the quick start now 5 times and the issue still exists.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 30, 2013 9:48 am
What borwser you use ? Did you try to update Image Show extension ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 30, 2013 4:31 pm
bkrztuk wrote:What borwser you use ? Did you try to update Image Show extension ?

I used Mozilla, Chrome, and Safari. I also updated the extension and that didn't work. I did get a reply from a senior poster and who said image show gk4 was working with joomla 3.0 but not the latest joomla 3 release.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 30, 2013 9:58 pm
southpaw3229 wrote:
bkrztuk wrote:What borwser you use ? Did you try to update Image Show extension ?

I used Mozilla, Chrome, and Safari. I also updated the extension and that didn't work. I did get a reply from a senior poster and who said image show gk4 was working with joomla 3.0 but not the latest joomla 3 release.
Apparently, everything is working after I reverted to Joomla 2.5. There is definitely an issue with Joomla 3!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 31, 2013 8:47 am
With saving settings of a module - I have found, that sometimes hosting server settings that doesn't meet Joomla specification might cause that behavior, but it is just a guess.

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:51 am
The issue can be caused by magic_quotes, please check your hosting settings and make sure that magic_quotes are disabled.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:53 pm
bkrztuk wrote:The issue can be caused by magic_quotes, please check your hosting settings and make sure that magic_quotes are disabled.
I think you are right there.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:10 am
Probably you need to remove and install module again because until the data is stored in database the module can't read it properly and in result rewrite.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:52 pm
I am having this same problem and opened a discussion here: https://www.gavick.com/forums/image-sho ... 26173.html

Pawel said I needed to update but you are saying I need to change something in hosting settings?
Since I host with cloudaccess, can I send them a support ticket to do this?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:48 am
Firstly please update module and then check you configuraiton because magic_quotes have to be disabled.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:53 pm
thanks!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:04 am
I have exactly the same problem, but I can not fix it, insert a picture and I start you leave it blank :(
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:44 am
I updated my version, made sure my photos were jpeg, and it works fine now.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:03 am
erinno1 wrote:I updated my version, made sure my photos were jpeg, and it works fine now.

I just put a. jpg, and does not work, I have the version "Image Show GK4ver. 1.36".
also check if it was off "magic_quotes".

in my root folder.
on file htaccess.txt:

htaccess.txt wrote:
Code: Select all
<IfModule mod_suphp.c>
suPHP_ConfigPath /home/redrunni/public_html/webdev/1 -->(root my web)
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>
</IfModule>

and on the file php.ini

php.ini wrote:
Code: Select all
magic_quotes_gpc = off
extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so
magic_quotes_runtime = Off
magic_quotes_sybase = Off

Please help.
I need to solve this problem now, every time I load a picture, start the browser goes blank.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:53 am
What IS style you use ? If you have option to disable thumbnails please try to enable this feature. For me it is problem with GD library.
Platinum Boarder