Photoslide broken in Firefox 19.0.2

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:47 am
This post is regarding an older version of GK Photoslide gk1 which works with the olde Gavick Image Show V module. The site is running on Joomla 1.5.26.

I'm posting it here since the older forums are locked and this might help someone since it relates to the newest version of Firefox (19.0.2) which breaks the display of the navigation slider.

---

Hi Gavick,

I hope you can help me or recommend a suitable course of action. These are older versions of your Photoslide component. There is an issue that may have come up with the new version of Firefox concerning the display of the sliding text navigation part of our Photoslide/News Image module. When loading into Firefox, it displays off to the far right of the main site page area.

It looks fine in Chrome and Safari. Haven't checked in IE.

The forum post link below discussed a possible fix of Mootools using the code quoted below.

You can read about it here:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/115/gk-ph ... ox#p107884

String.prototype.contains = function(string, separator){

return (separator) ? (separator + this + separator).indexOf(separator + string + separator) > -1 : String(this).indexOf(string) > -1;

};

It's confusing which of the two extensions mentioned in the first paragraph I should apply it to, and also whether this fix applies to the issue I've described.

Please take a look and see if you can fix this, or provide some URLs so I can figure out how I can do it.

Thanks very much for your help.

Best,
Railer

-------

FOLLOWUP:

Hi Gavick --

Sorry for the trouble. I solved the problem by pasting the code at the end of the following file:

/modules/mod_gk_image_news_5/js/engine.js

It seems to have fixed the display problem in Firefox 19.0.2 Mac OSX 10.6.8.

Thanks anyway,

Best,
Railer
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:30 pm
Hi

Extensions for 1.5 are unsuported. That's why I've posted the solution for this on the forum. Looks like You've found it already. I'm closing this thread than.