image show gk4 not working in IE9

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 am
Hi there, I'm using gavick Image Show GK4 for the slider on the homepage of my site on a customised version of Gk_startup template. The slider seems to work in Firefox and Chrome but I cannot get it to work on IE9. It just shows the loading gif. Can you take a look please? please pm me if you need details of the site, thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:14 am
Hi

Please send me an url and access to joomla panel.

GK User
Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:20 pm
I tested the module in different browsers

-Safari: ok
-Firefox: ok
-Opera: ok
-IE: partial (it works but it visualizes square instead of bubble for the eSport style)
-Chrome: it doesn't work

I'm trying to figure out the problem with Chrome but I would like to know if anybody else had the same issues with this module and eventually how he solved.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:21 am
Hi

I do not recall any other reports of such problem. I can help but I need to see it first. Please provice an url to the page where module is published.

GK User
Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:23 pm
Hi there I've sent you a pm with with url. Please check it out in IE9. Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:19 pm
Hi

@stevoarmstrong please send me an access to joomla panel. I'll check if there is no 3rd party extension in conflict with Image Show.

GK User
Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:40 pm
@teitbite I've just sent you a pm with login details. Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:56 am
Hi

I do not see anything which can be causing it. Can I update module to the latest version and send it to programmers if it will not help ? If yes please send me an ftp access to Your site.

GK User
Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:54 pm
pm sent with ftp details, thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:09 pm
any update on this? Afraid this is holding up the website going live. Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:43 pm
Hi

Sorry I have nothing. I've send Your access to programmers. Hopefully they will be able to help.

teitbite
Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:39 pm
Hi

I got a message that programmers has solved it. Can You please chec ?

Dziudek

Problem fixed - it seems that the empty images in IE have no true in the complete property - I've changed code:

imagesToLoad.each(function(el,i){
if(el.complete) process++;
});

to:

imagesToLoad.each(function(el,i){
//if(el.complete)
process++;
});

and it helps ;)

GK User
Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:02 pm
Thanks a million for that. I'm on a mac at the moment so cannot check myself until later, but I got the client to test it and he says that although the slider is now working and displays the text, the animation does not work - i.e. the user has to manually transition. Can you look into this please?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:26 am
Hi

Autoanimation was disabled in module settings to make it easier to work on this problem for programmers. I've enabled it again. Works in my IE now.

GK User
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:15 am
Cool, thanks a million for fixing that. All the best.
Fresh Boarder