Permission denied in....class.image.php on line 151

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:40 pm
Hello,

facts:
Joomla : v2.5.8
Image Show GK4 : v1.33
Template black and white : v2.14

i could already create a slide and the picture was successfully loaded without any issue.
After i deleted the slide and created a new one i received the following error message:

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/www/htdocs/w00ff0e5/cms/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/cache/intro.Auerrumgk-is-1.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/w00ff0e5/cms/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_black_and_white/class.image.php on line 151

I checked this forum and i found one post explained the cache should be deledet but this does not work.
The file mentioned here i changed to 777 but no effect.

Any idea ? Your short help is really appreciated.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:37 pm
Hi

Looks like it can be comming from server configuration. I think that a permissions for scripts are to create files but not to modificate them which is required in this case.

GK User
Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:20 pm
Hi,

thx for your comment.
Joomla was installed from a script therefore i changed the owner from wwwrun to FTP user.
sorry but no effect.

I wonder why it works on the first time ?

Any idea ?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:07 pm
Hi

Sorry, no idea either. Please send me an access to joomla panel and ftp. I need to chek it.

GK User
Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:09 pm
Hi,

i deleted now the database and docs.
Then i downloaded the latest version again but from joomla.org
Uploaded and installed J2.5.8.
- template installation failed due to wrong folder permission.
- even i changed from wwwrun to ftp i always have to change by myself.

anyway now it works 99% percent.
Just now the Image Show GK4 can not be seen on home/landing page.

i will sent you the URL and access information thx.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:22 pm
Hi

Unfortunately something went wrong within loading section files. When I log into the administrator panel I see an Error 500 :( Please try reinstall it one more time.

GK User
Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:35 pm
:( i will re-install and keep wwrun and let you know ones i am finished
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:10 pm
Hi teittite,

everything runs perfect :(
what i did:
- just created new folder
- uploaded j 2.5.8
- mod. htaccess file with below 3 lines:
    php_flag register_globals off
    php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
    php_flag display_errors off
- installed
- changed permission to required folders to 777
- changed at server from FTP user to PHP wwwrun
- FINISH everything seems tu run perfect.

I will proceed installing needed modules and components but looks good.

Anyway thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:22 pm
Update: Image Show GK4 still not show on the landing page.
You can try with the access data i sent to you already.

Giuseppeb wrote:Hi teittite,

everything runs perfect :(
what i did:
- just created new folder
- uploaded j 2.5.8
- mod. htaccess file with below 3 lines:
    php_flag register_globals off
    php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
    php_flag display_errors off
- installed
- changed permission to required folders to 777
- changed at server from FTP user to PHP wwwrun
- FINISH everything seems tu run perfect.

I will proceed installing needed modules and components but looks good.

Anyway thank you.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 am
Hi

I really do not know what happened. I wasn't able to display it either, but when I have entered a second slide it just appeared. Normaly when I wor with website I'm using just one slide to work with the rest of the modules. It's odd, but at least module is visible now. Hope it is what You wanted.

GK User
Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:01 pm
Hi,

it doesnt work.
Yo selected to show the modules on all pages then it shows the module on home and contact page.
When you change to select the module only on home page it does not work.

???? :shock:
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:12 pm
Hi

Ok. I can se it's not working. But I'm betting it's becuase some broken file of database. There is no conflict, not configuration issue, but it's not showing.

Sorry but I really do not know what's going on. Please maybe send me an ftp so I'll check if files structure.

GK User
Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:58 pm
Hi teitbite,

did you had some time to check it ?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:52 am
Hi

Sorry I must not get the FTP access. Can You please send it one more time ?

GK User
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:15 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Sorry I must not get the FTP access. Can You please send it one more time ?

thx for reply.
i just sent a new one right now.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:22 am
Hi

I got the access, but I'm not able to do anything becuase of restrictions in ftp. Can You please change it ?

GK User
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:14 am
Hi,

i changed from wwwrun to FTP rights.
Should be no problem now.
But i have to re-change it otherwise joomla scripts many times fail.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:45 am
Hi

Finally I've done some tests and I've discovered that home page which according to menu should have Item ID of 101 got no item ID at all. This is a joomla issue than I believe there must be something wrong with jooma installation or settings for the server. I've never seen anything like this before. Please also try ask on joomla forum. The problem is if You name it: "Home element has ID of 0 instead of 101".

GK User
Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:06 am
teitbite wrote:...The problem is if You name it: "Home element has ID of 0 instead of 101".

Hi i can see id 101
"class=" first active" id="menu101" title="Home" ><span class="menu-title">Home</span><"
in the index output.

How the code has to look like in order to work correctly ?

Maybe this is coming from SEF404 comp.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:29 am
Hi

The important for extensions is an Itemid value passed with link. But when I dump this value on frontpage I see that Itemid is 0

Now when You have mentiones sef404. Please try disable it. I had worst issues with this component so it may be related after all.

GK User
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:10 pm
teitbite wrote:...
The important for extensions is an Itemid value passed with link. But when I dump this value on frontpage I see that Itemid is 0
Now when You have mentiones sef404. Please try disable it. I had worst issues with this component so it may be related after all.

:dry: i will contact support from sh404SEF
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:13 am
Hi

I just wanted to check one more thing. If a home page doesn't have an alias in sh404. But I can see that Your site is broken again. White screen on frontpage and error 500 on backend. I really think that all this problem are because of a wrong joomla installation, broken file or something. Was thinking about server configuration, but it just doesn;t look like it anymore.

GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:20 am

I just wanted to check one more thing. If a home page doesn't have an alias in sh404. But I can see that Your site is broken again. White screen on frontpage and error 500 on backend. I really think that all this problem are because of a wrong joomla installation, broken file or something. Was thinking about server configuration, but it just doesn;t look like it anymore.

Hi, yes the home page has an alias "home".
The site is not broken...i re-changed from wwwrun to ftp and the the redirection when you enter wrong PWD does not work.

i changed the PWD because i thought your done therefore the info above.

when i enable sh404SEF it works :(

i hope i will get same support from them like here really nice support teitbite thx.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:29 am
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:29 pm
Hi

Ok. But Your issue with changing from wwwrun to ftp back and forth is an interesting thing too :) Are You sure this is not a reason of Your problems ? Have You tried to check it while sh404 is disabled ? This fast test may tell us all.

GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:41 pm
Ok. But Your issue with changing from wwwrun to ftp back and forth is an interesting thing too :) Are You sure this is not a reason of Your problems ? Have You tried to check it while sh404 is disabled ? This fast test may tell us all.

...yes i tryed i just disabled the functino from sh404SEF to not optimise my URL and it is working.
The issue with wwwrun and ftp is working fine for me and i can say the joomla installation is not defect all files are on the host.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:16 am
Hi

Ok. This means it's 100% sh404 fault. I believe all You need to do is to find a link in url list responsible for homepage and change it to Your site url, without any parameters with ? or &.

GK User
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:24 am
Ok. This means it's 100% sh404 fault. I believe all You need to do is to find a link in url list responsible for homepage and change it to Your site url, without any parameters with ? or &.

AD team could figure out why it was not running.
The language file in content was no installed.
After installing the module was showing also on Home page.

But i found now other issues still with the GK4 module.
I created 3 items and even it is selected to show only at home page after click 2 of the items it shows only the module but not the item.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:03 am
Hi

This issue I know well :) It's connected with menu structure in joomla. Here is an article about the solution:

https://www.gavick.com/documentation/qu ... s-working/