Image Show Text Block no well coded äüö

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:40 am
No Problem with text style in principle, but as an example in German you need äüöÄÜÖ "Umlaute"
with VERDANA/ARIAL/TIMES etc. you have äüö's who are integrated in Script picture, your used font let them look like afterthoughts
how do I can change the text font or use a font with well coded "Umlaute"

regards and thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:39 am
Hi

It's about using a font which support this characters. Please show me Your site so I'll check what method are this fonts loaded in the site, so I'll be able to tell more.

GK User
Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:54 am
Thanks for respond teitbite

Yes I used in template boutique in the Headers-font (Temlate.style.basic.settings/fonts) Squirrel : BebaNeue, which seems to be an default font? Unfortunately this font don't support.
I changed this to an Google font who support. Thanks for help.
By the way - great opportunity to change fonts in template basic settings, this make it very easy adopt look and feel.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:46 am
Hi

Ok. So I understand it's working when Google Fonts are used. Right ?

GK User
Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:31 am
Hi

in Google Web Fonts you can use "Preview Text"-field to type in every letter you wish for.
As you'll soon find out that most of google fonts are "well coded" with äöü, etc.
squirrel fonts are probably not take place outside the U.S.???

regards and thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:41 pm
Hi

This is why I'm asking if it can use Google Fonts which is better for special chars. In template settingsd You can easily add any Google Font and than applie this font to Image Show with css is a matter of one line of code.