Image show gk4 does not work any more

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:26 am
The moduke worked very well for several day. When I tryed some different styles and switched back to the original one, none of my pictures of my selected K2 articles could be loaded any more. The loader turns and turns around. But nothing else happens in IE8. In chrome there comes an icon for broken images and for at least the title of the article is shown. When I klick on the image link the article site opens the normal way. I removed and re-installed the module twice and I even made a complete new module setting, but the issue is still there. What could be the problem? Any ideas?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:41 am
Hi

Please show me Your site.

GK User
Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:15 pm
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:30 pm
No idea?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:39 pm
Hi

For start please try to clear cache. Module is trying to load images which do not exists: http://www.renderfilet.de/modules/mod_i ... is-247site

as a next step please take a look at image's names. There should be no dots or free spaces in titles.

GK User
Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:07 am
I cleared the cache and checked the names of the images. Problem is still there.
I don't understand it at all. The images are definitely there. If I choose another module as showcase (like bang2joom) everything is fine. And the gk-module did also work for at least two weeks. As you can see, the site only contains beta content. I created 6 K2-items which contain the images, just for test purposes. Everything worked very well until I gave a look at the other styles of the module and switched back to the original one. Think, the module is broken in some way and the critical part of the module does not disappear while deleting the module.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:21 am
I just switched to the bang2joom showcase module, to show that the images are there.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:47 am
Hi

This files are not there for sure, a link doesn't even have am extension. Please simply re-upload image using module configuration.

GK User
Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:56 am
Re-uploaded them but nothing changed. But please have another look at my site. The other tool is able to show the pictures of the k2-article. So they are there.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 am
Hi

Yes, files in K2 are in place, but Image Show is reprocessing them and loading from it's folder. Please send me an access details to the page, because it's offline right now.

GK User
Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:42 am
Now it's online.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:11 am
I'll leave it online now although it's beta-content. Now there are both showcases online: the one that runs and the other... Both relate on K2 content.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:40 am
Hi

Ok. This is a different issue than I thought. I haven't noticed that there are two modules of the same type there. Unfortunately our module has a problem with sharing the same javascript file between them. Please try if it starts to work when a different style is selected for one of them.

GK User
Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:27 am
Think, there is a little missunderstanding. Normally there is only one of this showcase modules. I just activated both showcase modules to show you, that it's not a problem caused by the K2-article itself. The GK Imageshow was my favourite, until it stopped working. Only from then I changed to the module from bang2joom. So, there can't be a style conflict between the two modules, because each module has totally different styles and I'm normally using only one of them. The only thing that the two modules share, is the module-suffix, but this shouldn't be an issue.

In my oppinion the GK-module crashed a file outside the module-folder. So this file will not be refreshed by re-installation of the module. I have to find out what kind of file or entry this is, erase it and the module surely will work again, perhaps;-)

The only thing I can say, is that the module crashed while exploring, testing and switching the styles several times. Suddenly it did not work any more.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:06 pm
Hi

I've already asked You to upload all slides one more time, so I'm not sure if it can be fixed just like that. Send me an FTP access. I'll make a dump and see where it could gone mad :)

GK User
Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:20 pm
Hello,

I have the same problem.
The slider dont works anymore.
Deleted and uploaded new images but it does not helped.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:39 am
Hi

Can I please see Your site ?

GK User
Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:34 pm
teitbite wrote:

Hi me too the image show gk does not work and its 65% the reason why we went with that template
I will email you the details
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:58 am
jonleo wrote:
teitbite wrote:

Hi me too the image show gk does not work and its 65% the reason why we went with that template
I will email you the details

Hi

I got the mail and I see the same problem. Your images has spaces in names and some servers do not replace it with %20, so it's better to use file names without spaces to avoid such problems.

GK User
Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:55 am
Can you please check my site : http://store.spectrumscoreboards.com/.

Slider isn't showing anything.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:50 pm
jeffsensat wrote:Can you please check my site : http://store.spectrumscoreboards.com/.

Slider isn't showing anything.

Hi

Looks like a javascript for module is not loaded. Please try to set "force" in advanced settings for module's script.