How to make own styles or template overrides?

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:07 am
Hi,

I'm trying to make sure, that my settings and custom changes for a style in this module, is not being overwritten by future updates. So I'd like to either create my own syle based on one of the existing styles, but if I duplicate a style and change styles name in the info.xml, I just get an error 500 when trying to view a webpage with a Image Show module configured to use my "new" style.

Also - i've tried creating override in templatedir/html/mod_image_show_gk4/NEWSTYLE and /templatedir/html/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/NEWSTYLE - but these are not being read at all.

So my questions are:
1. How can I duplicate existing styles to make my own variants secures from being overwrittes by later updates?
2. How can I create module overrides in template/html/mod_image_show_gk4 that are being read and used by the Image show module?

Cheers,
Zorroson :)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:58 pm
Hi

If You will modificate the style than there will be no need to upgrade the module, because there will be no fixes to Your style. Which means that You do not need to create a new one, just overrride the existing one. Anyway all updates to this module was just adding new style, no changes to engine itself.