Image Show Gk4 + Modal Box?

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:49 pm
Hi there !
I'm would like to add a lightbox effect on click over Image Show Gk4 slides (with gk_fashion style).
Is that even possible?

I've tried this :
Code: Select all
<a class="itemImage modal" rel="{handler: 'image'}"

on the GkisSlide Div in the view.php file of the gk_fashion style folder, witch works just fine in whatever k2 items but not in image show module.

Any guess?

Thx for you great work, anyway!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:42 am
Hi,

In general adding the lightbox effect will be hard to this gk_fashion style, because it needs a deeper changes in the module which is beyond our support.

In few words: the link should be linked to the bigger image which isn't generated by the module, so the module must to generate also second thumbnail (and this part should be implemented) and then link to these bigger thumbnails.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:44 pm
Thanks for your reply in such short notice!

I understand the fact that the image show module uses a thumb image to render the slides, but it also allows in back end to put a url link on theses slides (like for example the full image url) witch I intend to use for the modal box rendering since we can access to that link in the view.php file.

Gonna keep digging in that direction and keep you informed.

I think it would be a great addition to that gk_fashion responsive style!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:00 pm
In general any popups are not a great additon for the responsive web design - based websites ;)
Administrator

GK User
Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:31 pm
Well for those who want to do it anyway I recommend to use Dj_image_slider module, (it's free) and allow you to set a "modal box on click" setting in back end, and works just fine with gk_fashion template as you can see here. (of course for mobile version, keep using the image show gk4).

bye
Fresh Boarder