1064 with virtuemart (languages added, fresh install)

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Fri May 05, 2017 7:16 pm
Hi,
I've read that this is a very popular error. I need to use NSP with virtuemart categories to get the latest products.
My website default's language is pt-PT and virtuemart has the same language configured.

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 19.06.12.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 19.05.58.png

Nevertheless I get the error

VirtueMart is not installed or any VirtueMart categories are available (current language: en_gb).

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OR category.virtuemart_category_id = 387 OR category.virtuemart_category_id = 38' at line 39 SQL=SELECT DISTINCT content.virtuemart_product_id AS id, content.product_name AS title, content.product_desc AS text, contentR.modified_on AS date, contentR.created_on AS date_publish, contentR.product_special AS featured, manufacturer.mf_name AS manufacturer, manufacturer.virtuemart_manufacturer_id AS manufacturer_id FROM #__virtuemart_products_pt_pt AS content LEFT JOIN #__virtuemart_product_categories AS category ON category.virtuemart_product_id = content.virtuemart_product_id LEFT JOIN #__virtuemart_product_manufacturers AS manufacturer_x ON content.virtuemart_product_id = manufacturer_x.virtuemart_product_id LEFT JOIN #__virtuemart_manufacturers_pt_pt AS manufacturer ON manufacturer_x.virtuemart_manufacturer_id = manufacturer.virtuemart_manufacturer_id LEFT JOIN #__virtuemart_products AS contentR ON contentR.virtuemart_product_id = content.virtuemart_product_id LEFT JOIN #__virtuemart_product_shoppergroups AS psgroup ON psgroup.virtuemart_product_id = content.virtuemart_product_id LEFT JOIN #__virtuemart_shoppergroups AS sgroup ON sgroup.virtuemart_shoppergroup_id = psgroup.virtuemart_shoppergroup_id WHERE contentR.published = 1 AND ( category.virtuemart_category_id = 274 OR category.virtuemart_category_id = 271 OR category.virtuemart_category_id = 273 OR (...)

I only need it to work in pt-PT, but I already tried to add en-GB in virtuemart configuration (tables where created) but the problem persists.

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 19.01.31.png

If I configure pt_PT in VM language override the error changes to

Table 'XXX.#__virtuemart_categories_pt_PT' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT DISTINCT c.virtuemart_category_id AS CID FROM #__virtuemart_product_categories AS cx LEFT JOIN #__virtuemart_categories_pt_PT AS c ON cx.virtuemart_category_id = c.virtuemart_category_id LEFT JOIN #__virtuemart_products_pt_PT AS content ON cx.virtuemart_product_id = content.virtuemart_product_id LEFT JOIN #__virtuemart_categories AS cat ON c.virtuemart_category_id = cat.virtuemart_category_id WHERE ( 1=1 )

I don't know what to try anymore...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm
ARGHH after hours trying to figure this out and reading a LOT of posts in the forum I finally found the answer here...

Try login to admin panel while selecting the language You've entered products in. Configure NSP while using this language. This way suffix will be selected automatically.
:roll: :shock: :o

https://www.gavick.com/forums/instyle-joomla3/instyle-and-news-show-pro-gk5-52489?p=263043&hilit=error%201146#p263043
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 12, 2017 7:06 pm
Hi

Great to hear it's solved. Closing this thread than.