NSP GK5 - thumbnails are unsharp after mouseover

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:57 pm
Hi,
I love NSP GK5. It's really great :) Unfortunetly I have 1 problem with it. When coursor is over thumbnail it becomes larger and looses it's sharpness. I know that image is downsampled. I've found css which do this (gk.stuff.css 343):
Code: Select all
.nspArt .nspImageWrapper:hover img {
    transform: scale(1.1);
}

How can I make this thumbnails after mousover to look in high quality (without blur)?
Could it be done like this:
- generate larger thumbnail
- display it uses css " transform: scale(0.9);"
- on mouse over use css " transform: scale(1);"
?

Or maybe ther is another solution. Please help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:17 pm
Doing this the way you have suggested will make smaller images looks "blurry". Sadly whenever you try to enlarge or reduce size of an image using only css - this is the outcome.

GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:18 pm
There is a large difference between upsampling and downsampling of image.
What about creating another thumbnail in larger size? In configuration of NSP ther are two different options setting an image dimensions. One is called "Thumbnail dimensions" and second "Links thumbnail dimensions". Maybe there is a way to use the second one in this problem. Unfortunetly I don't know where "Links thumbnail dimensions" goes.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:24 am
Links thumbnails are used to generate one of possible views (you can use NSP in many ways displaying different layouts). But you can't mix settings from one layout with another. Basically what you would like to do would need some new functionality coding. Of course you can try to mod the plugin if you know php well.

GK User
Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:26 am
Could you tell me how can I overide by template a "view.php" file?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:46 pm
Which one exactly? (please provide full path).

GK User
Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:49 pm
/modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/tmpl/view.php
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:12 pm
Yeah, that was what I was expecting :(. This is a file that cannot be overided in a template :(.

GK User
Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:29 pm
It's some kind of bug I think. If I change that file and will update NSPgk5 I will lost of of my changes. Unfortunetly that file is a main file for "Standard Mode" (in Module mode) which I use. What can I do?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:33 pm
This is true, but it was designed this way :(. I will post a request to our devteam as you are not the only one who wants to modify this file.

GK User
Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:59 pm
Ok, fast reply...
https://github.com/GavickPro/News-Show- ... .9.3-alpha
You can try this alpha version which should allow to override the mentioned file.
But you must know that this is not even beta version so we take no responsibilities for any problems it might cause.

GK User
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:03 pm
Or simply test this that change:
https://github.com/GavickPro/News-Show- ... c02887041a
which introduces possibility of /tmpl/view.php override.