Is NSP template dependent?

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Tue May 26, 2015 12:43 am
I installed different GavickPro templates (all for Joomla 3.4), including in this instance the latest Quark Restaurant.
For the latest NSP module, the "default" module mode for that template is set as "News Slider". It work perfectly on that template. BUT whenever I try to change the module mode for ex. "Product Gallery", or any other style, it just does not work.
I tried different templates (Restaurant, MusicState, etc) with the same results. Only the NSP default module mode seems to be working.
I installed and re-installed the latest NSP version.

When selecting the module modes, the help pop-up indicate:
You can select module mode - standard mode is a normal mode of the News Show Pro module, any other modes are connected with Portal Mode.

Am I missing some css file to make this work? Or what does other modes are connected with Portal mode mean for beginners? I hope I explain this correctly.
THANK YOU for your help.
Jean
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 28, 2015 3:07 pm
Hello,

Did you tried to enable external files -> usage od the default CSS styles ?
Administrator

GK User
Thu May 28, 2015 6:19 pm
I did not know about this adjusment :-(
I think it did the trick... with the Quick Install files there are not many images to play around, but nevertheless I can see that it is now positionning much more like the templates.
Can I suggest this setting ought to be "on" as default? Or did I miss it in the documentation? Maybe a line or short explanation about this setting might help?
THANK you for your help!
Jean
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 29, 2015 2:36 pm
Defaultly this setting is enabled, but for our templates in most cases it should be disabled, that's why in our quickstarts it is disabled.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:27 pm
Hi,

I have the same issues. I'm trying to set NSP in Quark as Portfolio from Creativity. I tried setting the default CSS and overwritten the Quark css with gk.stuff.css from Creativity but it didn't help.

Can you briefly explain the css logic of NSP und how to customize it.

Thx in advance,
Ivan
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:53 pm
@ivangolod - the portal modes are dedicated for a specific template - if you want to implement it in other template most probably you will need your custom CSS changes to adjust some details. There is no one easy way in this case - it always need an individual adjustments.
Administrator