New2 menu tag 3 columns

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:31 pm
Hi

I tried to modify the k2.css to change the tag view and put it into 3 columns. But it has not worked me. What I can do?

My site is http://www.cenicana.org:83/web2/index.p ... de-fabrica

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:03 pm
I put in 3 columns list of items that I link from a menu with tags. I can not find how to configure to view items in 3 columns. I news2 template. Thanks for the help.
http://www.cenicana.org:83/web2/index.php/programas-de-investigacion/programa-de-procesos-de-fabrica
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:49 pm
I want put in 3 columns the items that I link from a menu with tags. I can not find how to configure to view items in 3 columns. I have news2 template. Thanks for the help. (Sorry by my english, I hope you understand me).
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:29 pm
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

GK User
Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:32 pm
hi
I tried to send a Private Message but it stays in the outbox and not sent messages. I guess that is why you have not received. What should I do?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:04 pm
Please answer my questions.
Your orientation would be helpful for me. I need to configure a menu based on tags to show the items in 3 columns and do not know how. I have the New2 template with k2. The menu appears by default in 2 columns.

For exlample http://www.cenicana.org:83/web2/index.php/programas-de-investigacion/programa-de-procesos-de-fabrica

Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:00 pm
Hi

It should be configurable in K2 parameters in first tab where tags layout is. So please try it first if this will not work than I'll try to overwrite the style for it.

GK User
Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:20 pm
In configuration of K2 parameters I can´t find the option to put 3 columns to tags
1.jpg

2.jpg
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:35 pm
Hi

There was another question about that and I've dug the code like crazy in looking for answer, but I just found out that there is none. Tags are using 2 columns by default and it's codded into K2 core files, so there is no way to change number of tags columns in tags view without changes to K2 component. This is above our support I'm afraid.

GK User
Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:18 pm
:cry: :( :( :pinch: :cry:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:52 pm
I found the solution. Edit tag.php in com_K2/template.
Replace <?php if($key % 2 == 0) : ?> by <?php if($key % 3 == 0) : ?> and
replace <?php if(($key + 1) % 2 == 0) : ?> by <?php if(($key + 1) % 3 == 0) : ?>
and ready!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:43 pm
Hi

Ok. Can You tell me the exact path to file You have changed ? I cannot see this code in tag.php in my copy of template.