1064 error when configuring modules

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:01 pm
Hello everyone,

I'm working with the GK_NEWS template in a joomla 3.0
Every GK module seems to work perfectly, however, when i try to change the category to be displayed or the source of data to be displayed i recieve a 1064 error in my home page.
I will attach a picture of the error.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:21 pm
This error usually shows when data source is invalid (points to a category with no articles or narrows available articles down to 0 items).
Please search through our forum - you will find that in 90% of situations this is the case.

GK User
Tue May 26, 2015 7:53 pm
This happens every single time I switch the data source. For example, on the demo you have it pulling data from K2, if I switch the data source to Joomla! it kicks back this error which clearly shows its trying to pull data from K2 still:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND c.published = 1' at line 12 SQL=SELECT c.id AS CID FROM lk3oc_k2_categories AS c LEFT JOIN lk3oc_k2_items AS content ON c.id = content.catid WHERE 1=1 AND ( content.id = ) AND c.published = 1

I don't have K2 selected as an option, what could be causing this issue?

Thank you,
john
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 27, 2015 4:10 pm
I created a new module, that fixed pulling the data from the wrong tables. But, it now has this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DESC LIMIT 0,12' at line 21 SQL=SELECT content.id AS iid FROM lk3oc_content AS content WHERE content.state = 1 AND content.access IN (1,1) AND ( content.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR content.publish_up <= '2015-05-27 11:06:02' ) AND ( content.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR content.publish_down >= '2015-05-27 11:06:02' ) AND ( content.catid = 39 OR content.catid = 40 OR content.catid = 41 OR content.catid = 42 OR content.catid = 50 ) ORDER BY content. DESC LIMIT 0,12;

This doesn't make any sense. All of the articles are published, all of the categories are published.

Very confused.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 27, 2015 4:57 pm
Just so you know, I cannot save or load the json files either. I've already updated to version 1.8.3 as well.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun May 31, 2015 9:12 am
Please follow this path:
0) Install new current version of NSP GK5 (re-install)
1) Open module in edit mode
2) Click Refresh button in your browser
3) Change data source to another from list
4) Change order of showing items
5) Save changes - check on front page
6) If okey, change data source back to option which you have at the beginning