html elements are stripped - clean html not option

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:07 pm
as the title says , my HTML elements are stripped, causing punctuation underlines and bold text to disappear.

of course the standard answer is to disable the "clean xhtml" option

but doing this completely DESTROYS the layout, images randomly show up , the slides are way out the module and the wrong size.

but hey.... the html elements do return!

why cant we be selective into what elements we want to strip?

I cannot even start a sentence or paragraph properly in NSP because of the stripping.

all the text just runs together into one blob only breaking when it hits the end of a line.

looks sloppy and unprofessional,

is there a workaround for the clean xhtml?
I would like to retain my links and text settings are great care was taken to format them to begin with.

no I dont have a link.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:57 am
Just reformat the text by using the ".nsp_art"-class combined with the classes that style your text - use firebug (addon for firefox) to get the right informations. Of course, u have to disable the "clean-html"-option.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:42 pm
Hi

I think the clean XHTML is necessary 100% for all NSP GK4 features work well and if not, i suppose that would need lots of changes on script structure to work with strip selection of XHTML elements.
Anyway, it's something that only our programmers can reply correctly.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder