URL SEF problem with EasyBlog

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:45 pm
Hello!

I have a problem with URL SEF at "Home" site but it works at other pages. At the working links I get http://www.myurl.zz/blog/articlename but at the site where the SEF is not working as expected it looks like: http://www.myurl.zz/component/easyblog/?view=entry&id=123

What I have done to prevent the issue:

1. Checked that there are Joomla link menu item to EasyBlog`s main site and all categories

2. Checked that mod_news_pro_gk5/tmpl/com_easyblog/view.php has exactly that line:

Code: Select all
return urldecode(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=' . $item['id']));

3. Installed the newest NSP GK 5 version

I need your help!

Regards
Manuel
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:57 pm
Hi

Please tell me the urls to examples of this problem.

GK User
Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:03 pm
I wrote you a personal message with all needed details. Thank you for your help in forwards!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:59 am
Hi

I think that this is a problem with missing landing pages in menu. Basically an EasyBlog category page for articles visible. I could not find this in Your menu, but I must say You have a lot of them I may have missed it as well. Please point me to that page if it is or create it an point me to that than.

GK User
Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:33 pm
Hi!

I have wrote you a message with menu link to the "Blog Menu".
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:32 am
Hi

I've created a new menu item "Test" with a "Single category layout" type and "Lifestyle" as the selected category. With this new item so called landing page for articles were created for articles from this category and links for this articles are showing correctly now. You need to create landing pages for rest of them since all Your menu types are for featured articles only.

GK User
Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 am
Hi!

I have changed the menu links into EB category "landing pages" but without any changes at the URL, it still looks like this:
http://www.myurl.zz/component/easyblog/ ... try&id=123
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:52 am
Hi

This is a way I fixed this problem couple of times before so I'm a little bit out of ideas now. Please try remove the urldecode() from url creation and send me an access to ftp. I'll make some dumps in order to figure it out, but I think links are created correctly and the problem is with joomla not connecting them with any Itemid.

One sure solution, but not a pretty one would be to add "Itemid=999" to it. Of course the number should be a main category layout id.

return urldecode(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=' . $item['id']&Itemid=999));

GK User
Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:19 am
I tried your dirty trick but that gives me a "white page". I resend you my details, please check this at your end.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:39 pm
Hi

I'm afraid I need to give up. Please ask EasyBlog developers how to create a landing page for articles from category. Our module is using a standard joomla function with correct parameters:

JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=' . $item['id'])

so creating a proper link depends on joomla in this case. If joomla cannot find a menu id it can relate it with than a kind of link as You have appear. I've checked many options and nothing creates such page. I'm not an expert in EasyBlog, so we need to ask for help in this matter.