The connection was reset

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:28 am
Hi GavickPro,

I've recently purchased a subscription and I'm following the guide to add a module to the University theme. I'm currently stuck on the News Pro GK5 News module because the plugin seems to fail.

"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

Step:

Module title:
News
Module position:
bottom1
Module suffix:
parallax darkbar
Configuration screenshots:
Module details Module configuration

If I disable the news module, it works fine.

I am using:

Joomla_3.3.4-Stable-Full_Package
MySQL 5.6
PHP 5.5.11
IIS 8.5
Windows Server 2012

Thanks,

Andrew

Thanks,
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:03 am
Hi Dziudek,

I've tried to solve the problem by upgradeing to the latest GIT Hub release and I obtain the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JUser::authorisedLevels() in D:\joomla_test\modules\mod_news_pro_gk5\data_sources\com_content\model.php on line 111

Thanks,

Andrew
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:10 am
I've changed the authorisedLevels() togetAuthorisedViewLevels() and I'm now back to my original problem of the page not being able to be displayed.

$access_con = ' AND content.access IN ('. implode(',', JFactory::getUser()->getAuthorisedViewLevels()) .') ';
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:43 pm
Using Virtual Box, I've installed a Joomla v3.3.4 and a Joomla v3.2.7 on Ubuntu 14.04LTS Server using Apache, PHP 5.5 and MySQL 5.6 to contrast to the IIS 8.5 server.

News Pro GK5 works on v3.2.7 but not on v3.3.4. I'm going to installed Joomla v3.2.7 on IIS to confirm whether it is a version compatibility problem.

Thanks,

Andrew
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:44 pm
I have this working on v3.2.7

So it seems that in the two setups I've tested (3.3.4) the plugin isn't working.

Thanks,

Andrew
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:41 am
Hi

That's strange since I've seen a lot of websites where this work fine with even joomla 3.3.6. Do You have this site online so I can look into ftp and joomla access to see what can be wrong ?

GK User
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:54 am
Hi, I'm currently building the site at the moment and haven't configured it for external access. You can replicate my settings (for version control) using Virtual Box. I created a simple Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, MySQL 5.6, PHP 5.5, Joomla 3.3.4. I upgraded to 3.3.6 and have the same problem. The main difference in error between the Ubuntu Server and Windows Server 2012 IIS 8.5 is that the whole page breaks on IIS. In Ubuntu, it's not possible to activate any settings (which prevents you from placing the module).

The plus is, I have it working fine on 3.2.7 so I've downgraded and all is well. I maybe be able to provide access in the future when the site is ready.

Thanks,

Andrew
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:47 am
Hi

I'm afraid I need to check it in Your enviroment. I believe this is connected with server settings since You are the only one reporting such problem at the moment and and I have an access to multiple server options and do not see the problem mentioned there.