Tabs and News Show Pro doesnt work without Mootools

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:54 pm
If I disable Mootools files completely using Mootools Enabler/Disabler extension (J3), I noticed that the NSP GK5 and Tabs GK5 doesnt work properly even when I choose Jquery as Javascript Framework in Module settings. Is this a known behaviour? (I am using Gk Game template).
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:32 am
Maybe after disabling mootools you have some other JavaScript problems which blocks this extensions. Both tabs and NSP are working fine when mootools is not loaded like on Prostar template.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:20 pm
Thanks bkrztuk. I'll have a look to see what may be causing it then.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:06 pm
Hi bkrztuk,

I tested it a bit more and this happens with the quickstart package as well. This is what I did:

1) Downloaded and installed the gk_game quickstart package for Joomla 3.
2) Installed the Mootools Enabler / Disabler Extension.
3) Enabled this extension by going to plug-ins.

Once the Mootools were disabled, the GK Tabs in the Home Page and the Pagination in NSP stopped working. It works fine when the mootools are enabled though. You can perhaps check this from your end itself with the game template's quickstart package.

Here is the screendump of the js error that I receive in my console.
gavick-mootools-error-680px.jpg

Here is the error message pasted just incase the above image is too small to read:

Code: Select all
Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function                        engine.js:1
Uncaught ReferenceError: SqueezeBox is not defined                         (index):166
3 Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function                               engine.jquery.js:152
2 Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function                               engine.jquery.js:152
      tabsGK5Animation                                                                              engine.jquery.js:152
      (anonymous function)                                                                         engine.jquery.js:39
       n.event.dispatch                                                                                 jquery.min.js:3
       r.handle                                                                                                jquery.min.js:3
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:52 am
Please make sure that EVERY News Show Pro module is set to jQuery engine. Could you give me URL to your website?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:33 am
Hi bkrztuk.. It is set to jquery. I dont have a url to give you yet but you can easily check it in your quickstart package. This error happens even with the NSP that comes with the Quickstart package of gk_game which already uses jquery engine. Havent you been able to reproduce this with the latest version of the quickstart pkg?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:08 pm
I wonder if this is due to the Squeezebox script that gets added to the header by Joomla core:
jQuery(function($) {
         SqueezeBox.initialize({});
         SqueezeBox.assign($('a.modal').get(), {
            parse: 'rel'
         });
      });

I think the above code stop working when mootools is removed and not sure if its causing the other issue. Again, this is something you should be able to test with the quickstart package and hoping you can shed some lights on this...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:15 pm
Even after removing squeezebox, I can still see these errors:
Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function engine.jquery.js:152
tabsGK5Animation engine.jquery.js:152
(anonymous function)

IN: engine.jquery.js:152

I hope your response is better..
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:44 pm
I wonder if K2 could be causing this Mootool issue... I'll take a look.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:46 am
Please disable tabs module and check whether NSP is working fine. Maybe there is a kind of problem inside tabs module. Do you use K2? If yes please check global configuration and make sure that jQuery loading is disabled or it is loading from local copy. 3rd party extensions are still not ready to work only with jQuery and usually load it again which overwrite global object and cause this kind of problems.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:43 pm
Thanks bkrztuk for giving me a few pointers on where I can start to look. I do use K2 but I know jquery is only loaded once. I also had a look at the source code to confirm it. Also last night I noticed that this error happens in Home page too which is not K2. I will explore it more and try out the suggestion by disabling Tabs and see how that goes....
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:30 am
There are no inline scripts on your website which may use mootools? What is the order of libraries in HEAD? The jQuery is loading first and then other script engines like tabs and NSP?
Platinum Boarder