Not Seeing Changes? Cache Issue with News Show Pro???

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:48 pm
When ever I make changes to the News Show Pro module. I do not see the changes right away. For instance I added 6 more articles and changed the Amount of News from 12 to 18 so it would display the additional six logos/articles under the heading SUPPLYING RE-MANUFACTURED OFFICE FURNITURE TO CORPORATIONS FOR OVER 15 YEARS! on http://www.envirotechoffice.com/. It has been half a day and I am still not seeing it... I emptied my browser cache and updated the module cache and have the time offset to -5 as I am near Toronto Canada and still nothing... I have seen this problem a few times before with this module and it seems to work after a day or so thus why I am thinking some sort of cache problem.

Anyone have a clue as I don't... lol... It would be nice to see the changes I make when I make them...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:13 am
It may be this offset issue but did you use NSP GK4 or GK5? Did you try to use GK5 version?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:04 pm
I used GK5 and have seen this before with GK4... Try by Installing the Store Box template and make changes to the manufacturer logos that use GK Show and you will see... Does anyone know how this works or is supposed to work?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:54 am
Hmm maybe you are modifying just wrong area, please try to switch data source for this module and check whether it will display different content on front-end.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:17 pm
Really??? OMG! I am editing the right module... As I said it takes time and then all of a sudden appears... Like I said try it with your Store Box theme using the Qucikstart files yourself and then talk to me... then post something knowledgeable...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:08 pm
It is template for J!3 or J!2.5? Did you try to upgrade News Show Pro? If yes please provide me FTP access but please make sure that you use latest NSP release.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:31 pm
I have exactly this problem, using NSP GK5. New articles show after many hours (more than 5 hours at the last check). I have tried disabling caching on the settings, but that doesn't help. I have tried alternative third party modules and they pick up the articles immediately, so the problem is NSP.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:38 pm
This problem still exist and I do not use the Joomla cache! I can see the new pictures only if I delete the complete content in modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/cache by using FTP!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:49 pm
If I create a new K2 item this problem doesn't exist. It only makes problems by changing the picture in an existing K2 item. When you open the K2 item from the News Show by clicking on "more" the new picture appears.
Junior Boarder