Title Text Limit does not update

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:25 am
Hi folks -

I've tried everything I can think of including playing with the permissions on the config file for News Show Pro GK5 -

In "Links Layout," I can change the length of List Title Limit Value or Description Text Limit Value - neither change the way the text displays - neither with a value nor changing from "words" to "characters." Also, I cannot effect a change in the position of the text.

Is there a cache issue? A permission issue?

I made sure I'm using the latest version of the module. I installed from the quick install.

I've seen several other folks with this issue, but for some reason the actual solution is not listed.

Thanks very much.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:50 am
Hello,

Are you using the standard mode or portal mode?
Administrator

GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:38 pm
Thank you for your prompt reply -

It's set at standard mode.

Edit: Looking further, I don't see a "portal mode" offered in the drop-down menu.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:50 pm
I've checked the module and I don't see any problem in this area. Are you sure that you are editing the proper area of the settings?
Administrator

GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:37 pm
It's a News Show Pro GK5 Module, I select "links layout," By default, it's set to List Title Limit Value - 20 Words and List Text Limit Value - 30 words.

I hope I'm in the right spot. If not, I'm going to feel foolish. I'm using the "Game" template.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:32 am
Could you send me a screenshot of the module which do you want to edit? I think that you are editing a module which looks like links list, but in fact it is an article list.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:03 pm
Thank you very much! I was trying to update the wrong area of the module.

The answer was in Article Layout, not Links Layout, for those who are interested.

Thanks again for all of your help.
Fresh Boarder