Custom thumbnail animation

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:20 pm
I'd like to do some custom JS/CSS to show the article title on the thumbnail on rollover. Would you be able to direct me where to place my code so it works for each thumbnail? I'm using Joomla 3.2.1, NSP GK5 1.3.6 and the Creativity template.

Thanks,
Jeff
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:33 pm
Found it myself - just in case anyone was interested. FYI, this applies only to the "Portfolio" mode.

What I wanted to do was add the title of the image/article on the overlay that appears when you mouse over the image thumbnail. The default animation adds a color overlay and a custom class that shows a circle with a little "link" icon. Here's what I did to add the title.

Find the file:
Code: Select all
modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/portal_modes/portfolio/script.jquery.js

In line 130 change to:
Code: Select all
overlay.html('<span style="text-align: left; color: #fff; padding: 10px;">' + img.attr('title') + '</span>');

The style is up to you, but those attributes worked for me. Just a little addition to the rollover animation that I think makes it more effective.

Jeff
porper.net
Fresh Boarder