Admin Module Area not Displaying Correctly

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:00 pm
Hi there, the module does not appear to be displaying correctly. I tried reinstalling GK5 on my Joomla 3.2.1 and nothing changed. Could it be conflicting with something, are you aware of anything? Thank you for any help whatsoever. :P

btw, my website is http://perkypixel.com
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:56 am
Hi.
It may looks like JS/CSS conflicts but ....

1) What Admin template you are using ? We recommend hathor.
2) Do you have installed Advanced Module Manager ?
3) Do you have installed JSN PowerAdmin ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:43 pm
hi,
I have a similar problem. Some menuitems are not displayed in the news show pro menu (like article layout). (running joomla 3.2.1, news show pro 1.3.4, isis admin template). It seems, that the problem only comes with a new module instance. Downgrading to news show pro 1.3.2 solves my problem.

greetings
mark
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:06 pm
Thanks,
But few days ago - we published new version of module 1.3.5 - which Fixed problem with missing configuration tabs under Joomla! 3.2.x

Please download and use! :D
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:30 pm
Pawel F wrote:Hi.
It may looks like JS/CSS conflicts but ....

1) What Admin template you are using ? We recommend hathor.
2) Do you have installed Advanced Module Manager ?
3) Do you have installed JSN PowerAdmin ?

Thank you for the response!!

1) I am using the Isis admin template; I switched to Hathor and it appears mostly right except for the floating box on the right:
2) I do not have Advanced Module Manager installed.
3) I do not have JSN PowerAdmin installed either.

If it is a JS/CSS conflict, how do I go about finding what is causing the conflict with the NewsPro admin module?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:43 pm
I just noticed with ImageShow (same odd admin appearance as NewsShow) I am unable to save new slides no matter which admin template I use.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:06 pm
So right now NewsShow under J3.x works fine,
but you have problems ImageShow, hmm?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:44 pm
Pawel F wrote:So right now NewsShow under J3.x works fine,
but you have problems ImageShow, hmm?

It doesn't work under either module type. I just happened to notice that ImageShow wasn't working as well.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:36 pm
The latest version of mod_image_show_gk4_j30 is 1.41.2.
I have tried GK4 v1.41.1 and worked, button Save under new slide worked, becuse each time when you will add new slide first uses Save under slide , then Save & Close from top bar.

Can you send me access to back-end I want to check your ImageShow module.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:32 pm
I sent you access to the back-end around a week ago. Would you like me to resend it?

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:45 am
We believe that there is something wrong with the installation of Joomla, back-end is not working properly, two developers checked it.
Our module works fine - I have tested it on few quickstart's,
I believe that if you will do new - clean environment with Joomla 3.2 - module will work without any errors.

Right now, all I can suggest to you to install another slideshow module - if you don't remember what you messed up with this J! back-end. Sorry. :whistle:
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:19 pm
Okay, I tried reinstalling ImageShow and NewsShow and nothing changed.

You recommend reinstalling Joomla! 3? Is that what you mean by a clean environment?

Thank you!!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:11 pm
ad 1) Upgrading modules will not help, I tried also this.
ad 2) " Is that what you mean by a clean environment?"

Means - test our modules on another site, if you want to check if they works fine, on your installation right now, they don't won't to cooperate. Sorry we can not help more, probably something else makes conflicts.

p.s.
You can always use another modules - similar. Replacement for Image Slide - it will be very easy to find.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:23 pm
I understand now. It must be this installation of J! or another extension that is conflicting.

Well darn, I do like your module.

Thank you for the help on this. You guys are great. :D
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:09 pm
Ahh... I think I figured out what happened and want to share in case someone runs into the same issue.

I had both NewsShowGK4 and GK5 installed. I deleted the files for GK4 and everything looks right now. I guess it was conflicting with itself. LOL

:)
Junior Boarder