Remove links on News Show Pro

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:48 pm
Hi there,
My template of choise is Simplicity. I use it for landing page. Landing page means no distractions from main apeal: Buy now! So, when I use News Show on that landing and it has links to the news article itself - it contradicts the whole idea of landing. So, if there's any way I can use News Show Pro, but disable links whatsoever? So it doesn't change on .hover and doesn't even glimps to possibility of clicking it and seeng the article?
Thanks.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:24 am
Could You please post an url to your site?

GK User
Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:50 am
absolute1.ru - sorry everything is in Russian there. And the News Show Pro is not used now, because I wasn't able to remove links. Should I create some test page with News Show Pro so we can work on it solving it? Let me know
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:43 am
Cyberek wrote:Could You please post an url to your site?

I was probably wrong replying without quotes. The site is http://www.absolute1.ru. But since I wasn't able to deactivate hiperlinks in News Show Pro, I didn't use it on the page yet. Would love to. (And again, it's everything in Russian there, hope it doesn't matter for coding tuneup).
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:44 pm
For preparing the code I need NSP up and running :(.

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:41 pm
Sorry to necro this thread, but I am having the same issue.

www.reclaimermedia.com is the url, and on the front page I'd like to remove the links on the first news show pro module labeled "what we do".
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:44 am
@bozhenko - please create a custom site with NSP published.

Also - do you want to remove linking ability at all, or just link icon overlay?

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:46 am
Both, in my case.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:50 am
With both it would require of changing module source code and it would affect all module's instances so I don't advice that kind of changes.

But you might do this nasty trick:
Please edit: /templates/gk_creativity/css/override.css and add at its end:
Code: Select all
.gkNspPM-Portfolio .gkImagesWrapper > a {cursor: default;}
.gkNspPM-Portfolio .gkImagesWrapper > a > .gkImgOverlay {display: none;}

Remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section.

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:56 am
The css hack had its desired effect of removing the link overlay on hover, however it does not solve the problem of the links themselves.

Is there another way to change where these links point to? Or is that too far into the source code to change it?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:18 am
You would need to edit source code of NSP module, and we don't support that kind of modifications.
You might also use JS jQuery script preventing links from working like this way:
Code: Select all
jQuery(window).load(function() {
jQuery('.gkNspPM-Portfolio .gkImagesWrapper > a').on('click', function(e){ e.preventDefault(); })
});

Just past the code at the end of /templates/gk_creativity/js/gk.scripts.js

GK User
Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:31 pm
I ended up using a different extension.
Fresh Boarder