Url format/duplicate links?

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:32 pm
I'm using NSP as a static slideshow (not changing articles or order) on my front page. In each article i only have a image that is linked to some page in my site.

What i don't understand is why the images in the slide doesn't link to what i have set. Instead they are generated with a another link in the following format: /start/ID-slides/ID-articlename/

If i click the new image link a new page is loaded and there the same article image is shown with correct url that i have set. Can't NSP just show the correct link and don't create a duplicate link?

:?:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:15 pm
Hello,

Could you provide me some real example of your problem?
Administrator

GK User
Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:14 pm
PM sent.

Thx!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:59 pm
Please try to create a menu item for each article in the module - the URLs look correctly - it contains category ID and article ID, if you need shorter URLs you have to create menu items for it. The URLs are generated as it is generated by the Joomla! engine, becuase it uses the com_content/com_k2 helper functions for it.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:27 pm
The strange thing is that they already have menu items.

Please look at the first article in the slide. The image still has a url with the slide format.. If you click on it the page is reloaded and the other articles is gone. Now the same article image points to the correct menu item.

Why does NSP generate another url to begin with?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:28 pm
I think that the problem is connected with fact that displayed images contains an URL to article and the mentioned images contains links to categories not articles.
Administrator