Trouble after update

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:29 am
After i have upgradet to the new version, the thumbnail menu is gone, and alot of other menu items...Another thing is that sorting of items isnt working the way i should, it always show the latest edited item.

I have Joomla 3.2.0

ddd.png

Kind regards Anders from Denmark
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:34 pm
Hi

Please just for a bit. Programmers are working on fixes in style for new joomla. An updated version of the module would be available soon.

GK User
Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:06 pm
Hi I am also getting the same problem, but this is actually causing a bigger problem with K2 articles.

Since the update I can't get any new news/reviews posts to appear on the front page of my site. If I adjust the 'Show article created after' and 'Show article created in last X days' fields I get mixed results for the reviews section, but the news section refuses to display any of the latest news.

I'm assuming this is caused by most of the menu items being removed with this update.

I'm using Joomla 3.2 also.

If you can post when there is a fix I would appreciate it.

Brett
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:42 pm
We hace the same problem.

Any news about it ?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:11 pm
Hi

Unfortunatelly a lot of changes has come with newest joomla update. Programmers are working on fixes already. Please just wait till an updated version of NSP will be released.

GK User
Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:13 pm
Hi Teitbite,

Is there any news yet as to when a fix is likely to come out for this module?

As the majority of my sites front page relies on NSP GK5 I am now finding additional bugs i.e. the NSP Top Headline position has problems displaying K2 articles. It can only handle 2 items and sometimes only 1 (I have tried changing the order, type etc to get articles to display but some do and some don't).

The front page is also out of order and does not display the new items (yet sometimes it does).

So any news on the release of a fix would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:00 pm
Hi

There is no other reports of problems with 3.2 anymore, so I believe the update is working. What You have came across sounds to be a date problem. Please try to use offset option in NSP settings to make it delay or forward an article to show.

Please try give me examples of every issue so I'll be helping You to solve it one by one.

GK User
Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:45 am
Hi thanks for the response.

However at first this did confuse me, because I'm thinking what update? According to my system I was running the latest versions of the software still.

However this got me thinking, what if the developers have fixed the issue but not added this to the update version number...

Hence I re-downloaded NSP and the latest Tabs modules and this seems to have sorted the issues.

Not sure why though the system was not alerting me to an update in the first place, but either way it seems to be OK now :-)

Brett
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:52 pm
Hi

Somethimes it happens that an error is made during fixing a different problem, so in such cases a "silent" update is being done if not a long period of time has passed during uploads to server. I think You were just unlucku and download it during such short moment in time.

GK User
Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:08 pm
Any news about it?. I´m waiting the update
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:46 am
Hi

All the fixes connected with this issue are included in NSP package. If You still have problem than it may be connected with a format of dates in articles. It can be easily checked by editing the article make any small change and save again. If this articles will start behave as it supposed to than it will mean that articles has old formating of a date.