Data source: filter by tag INSIDE a category

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:54 pm
Hi,

I wonder if there is any way to have the data source filter by tags INSIDE a category, or if it is planned to have this feature in the future

Thank you
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:36 am
I don't think so, for us tags are like categories so we don't have plan to mix category and tag options.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:02 pm
it's a pity,

Imagine that i have items that are presentations of activities, included in some categories that are, for example, sports activities (scuba, biking, etc), and i want to tag them like:"for families", "for children", "for singles"... and also by localization (Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla...)

Then i'd like to have a Module showing, for example, the activities for families in Barcelona, and all the scuba activities. Any way i have probably to create duplicate content and a great number of categories.

I don't know, maybe i am wrong and there is some trick around.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:55 am
I understand your case and probably you should look for some other extension. Believe me this additional filtering by tags only confuse some users.
Platinum Boarder