Safari Desktop Bug

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:45 am
Hi Folks,

My site http://www.crowdedbrain.co.uk displays fine on most of the desktop browsers, but it was only when switching to Safari recently that I noticed that the top headline slideshow was causing some graphical glitches.

If you look at the attached image you can see the black seeping into the main body of the site (note the other modules to the right contain Ads so these do not appear in the image, just in case you wondered why there were white spaces).

This eventually goes away if you scroll down the page or the slideshow moves to another post.

However the category text also looks corrupted slightly, though it is hard to make out in the image.

Possibly this is an issue with my Nvidia Graphics card?

However the problem seems to be worse on the MAC version of Safari so I doubt it's the graphics card on my local machine causing the issue.

If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful. Mind you when viewing the demo version of the Games News template it does not display properly at all in the Windows version of Safari (black border surrounding the headline box is missing, as is the background) - see screenshot.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:12 pm
I've checked your site and on my Safari the result is exactly the same like on Chrome, please look at Chrome screenshot screenshot and the Safari view screenshot
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:46 am
Hmmmm this is strange, however I still get the problem on my computer, but it appears quickly and then disappears.

It may be something to do with the padding that I set for my images; this is different than the default demo site.

I will have another look.

Thanks for taking the time to answer the post :-)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:17 am
Maybe you have some 3rd party extension which cause the problem. Did you use any additional plugins or some JS/CSS compression tools ?
Platinum Boarder