Title size limit

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:41 am
How can i limit the title size on NSP GK5 when it is used as a product gallery II???

Please help.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:09 am
Hi, if you want to change font size of title, you have to use CSS.
Please read : http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... -size-etc/

If won't help you , please write -- I will show you solution if you add here URL of your website with link to your NSP module with this settings.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:06 pm
Sorry, maybe you didn't understood. I was talking about the amount of characters or words displayed in the title. We need to limit it for every product from VirtueMart to display the same title size by amount of characters displayed.

Pawel F wrote:Hi, if you want to change font size of title, you have to use CSS.
Please read : http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... -size-etc/

If won't help you , please write -- I will show you solution if you add here URL of your website with link to your NSP module with this settings.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:03 pm
Ok, I get it.
Right now NSP GK5 - don't have such a option for VM products.
But there is a way, to use CSS, I mean: CSS overflow Property - its specifies what happens if content overflows an element's box.
Use: "overflow:hidden;" - the overflow is clipped, and the rest of the content will be invisible.

So you have to reduce width of title, hide them.

p.s.
This is customization job , if you need more details!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:23 am
Where should the overflow:hidden; should be placed?

As a new line in the template's Custom CSS textarea?

Thanks a lot.

Pawel F wrote:Ok, I get it.
Right now NSP GK5 - don't have such a option for VM products.
But there is a way, to use CSS, I mean: CSS overflow Property - its specifies what happens if content overflows an element's box.
Use: "overflow:hidden;" - the overflow is clipped, and the rest of the content will be invisible.

So you have to reduce width of title, hide them.

p.s.
This is customization job , if you need more details!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:30 pm
Where should the overflow:hidden; should be placed?

First, read how to use overflow:hidden in CSS tutorials on web or inside book about CSS.
Second, you have to add to class which is responsive for title - use Firebug to check
Third, Use custom CSS field to add this new style.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:04 am
Bit sad to read this issue is a do it yourself, within the shop and buy template if you add some real data to the homepage Product Gallery II content that has long titles, it causes the two rows to split because the offending article title makes that item longer. So any real data with long titles will not work without modification.
Using overflow seems a poor solution given the functionality to limit title length is native to the module. With the responsive behavior it is important to keep the individual box sizes constant and title is not currently given any size to limit overflow with.
This is just a customer demo at this stage so I have gone for manually doctoring the title lenth, but would be interested if there is a more permanent solution.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:20 am
Just found this link https://www.gavick.com/forums/shop-and- ... 31244.html
Adding this in override CSS
.gkNspPM-ProductGallery2 .gkImage:nth-child(4n+1) {
clear: both;
}
Not a great solution, obviously works but hardly has the look and feel of a professional template. Don't get me wrong, I am a lifetime fan of you guys and have invested a lot in working with your templates. But just starting to feel that the quality is dropping off a bit. These are the prime blocks on the homepage and should all line up and look sharp, these look more like a novice site.
Junior Boarder