Wrong url's

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:34 pm
I've been installing the World News II template at Allyourtv.com, and I'm having an issue with the NewsPro module.

On two of modules at the top of the page, the URL that is used for the clickable link on the headlines isn't the correct one. When you click the headline, the page refreshes and you're back at the home page.

I have created categories for each post and have those categories flowing into the two modules. The weird thing is that under the "latest news" module, content labeled in the category "latest news" has this problem. But content labeled "press releases" (which also flows into this module) works just fine.

I'm stumped at this point and if I can't get it fixed, I'm going to have to dump the template.

Thanks,

Rick Ellis
[email protected]
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:52 am

GK User
Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Thanks, but if I understand the page correctly, I'm already doing it this way.

All the posts that appear in the modules are put into categories I've created. They also appear in these categories on the main menu.

What I can't figure out is why (for instance), I have content from two categories flowing into one of the NewsPro modules. The categories are both equal and in theory should be displayed the same way. But the posts in the category of "press releases" show the proper Url, while the ones in the category "latest news" do not.

I've spent a lot of time tweaking settings and trying to figure out the problem and I am just stumped.

[email protected]
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 pm
Sigh. I guess I'm giving up on this. I can't figure out what the problem is and since I haven't gotten any other suggestions or don't see any help in the FAQ's, I'm just going to pull the template off my site.

I can't figure out why the urls are correct sometimes and don't work on other occasions. The News Show Pro modules that are lower on the front page work fine. But with the top two not working correctly, I can't keep the site up with these issues.

I love the Gavick templates otherwise, but damn is this frustrating.

Rick Ellis

[email protected]
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:17 pm
If the category/article is not set to any menu item th Joomla Article Helper class can't generate proper path to this page, as you probably notice modules/layouts in Joomla are set to some menu items if the article don't have any related menu element it is impossible to create proper view.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:19 pm
I think to have same problem.

Url generated from module published in homepage are different from url gearated from module assigned to category of k2. So I can't control modules assignment in the irem view.

Url genareted from nsp in home page: http://www.radionostalgia.fm/component/k2/item/224-camionista-ucciso-da-cani-a-livorno-tre-indagati-per-omicidio-colposo.html

Url genareted from nsp in a menu voice to link k2 category: http://www.radionostalgia.fm/notizie/item/224-camionista-ucciso-da-cani-a-livorno-tre-indagati-per-omicidio-colposo.html

Can you help me to understand how to solve it?

Thank you
Fresh Boarder