Mobile Menu Not showing

Beautiful and responsive WordPress theme with amazing parallax effect.
GK User
Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:44 am
On my site : http://www.bringherthemoon.com/

The mobile menu indicator is not showing. I assume its because the 3 horizontal lines are black on a black bg but I cannot find where to change the 3 line icon or it's colour or if it is even an icon..

Any ideas?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:32 am
You are missing file:
http://www.bringherthemoon.com/wp-conte ... nu_btn.png
in you child theme folder. Please copy it from Creative folder.

GK User
Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:13 am
This is a disappointing solution and shows that child theme is not being correctly supported.

When using child themes it should reference assets in the main theme unless you want to modify them so having to copy an asset that will not be edited is a very poor implementation of child theme support.

I would expect to have to copy the file if I had wanted to edit it or change it but that's not what I wanted to do.

You guys should really sort this out as it's not good at all.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:11 am
I don't agree with you. The problem lies within changes you have made.
First of all, you should not copy core css files into child theme but use override.css to change only necesary things overriding those from parent theme.
But now, when you have copied tablet.css to child theme to a directory:
wp-content/themes/Creative-Child/css/tablet.css
this file still have the code pointing to menu image:
Code: Select all
#gk-head {
   background: transparent url('../images/tablet_menu_btn.png') no-repeat right center;
}

So it is searching that file in:
wp-content/themes/Creative-Child/images/
folder (relatively to css file where this image is declared). Its as simple as that and has nothing to do with wrongly used ChildTheme idea by us ;).

GK User
Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:12 am
Ps - it took me a while to find out why this problem occours, so it is not that obvious and might be done by everyone.
Please stick with copying modification only to override.css, and till you copy anything with image background there should be no more issues like that.