Still problem with contact form in Creative template

Beautiful and responsive WordPress theme with amazing parallax effect.
GK User
Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:17 am
The contact form is still not working after several attempts with your help before and my mail server. I tried using my mailserver data info but they said that it's the contact form settings that needs to be changed using a SMTP plugin. Since that didn't work, I decided to deactivate it and now I'm back to the original contact form settings. This time I'm using a gmail account, which I hoped it'll work. Yet, here we go again I got another unsuccessful message:

Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in ............\wp-content\themes\Creativity\layouts\gkcontact.php on line 106

So this is what's on line 106:

$state = mail($email, $subject, $body, $headers);

I don't know what to do next. Help!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to ftp. But I think the problem is with a "localhost" value. Please try to use the orginal host name.

GK User
Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:18 pm
Sent you a PM.

teitbite wrote:Hi

Please send me an access to ftp. But I think the problem is with a "localhost" value. Please try to use the orginal host name.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:13 am
In the meantime, I installed Easy WP SMTP v1.0.7 using my gmail account but still I get an error message saying, "Email could not be sent". Now this is the 3rd plugin that I've tested if it'll work but with no success. I'm starting to think that it's the contact form that needs fixing.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:28 pm
Hi

That's why I need an access to FTP. Sending just files will not help, because I need to make some dumps to see what values are passed to the function.

GK User
Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:11 am
Sent you a PM yesterday.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:57 am
I just checked the website and there's nothing on it. After I PMed you the ftp info, you could have at least sent me a quick reply with what you're going to do with the website and what I would expect while you're working on it.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:59 pm
Hi

I have not been to Your website yet. Has just seen this post and will check PM about the FTP access. So if anything happened it wasn't me for sure.

FTP is working and I see that You are most probably using an out dated version of the template. You are lacking couple of files with a function of a form as well. Please update it and let me know so I'll check it than.

GK User
Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:53 am
The template has been updated to version 1.3.2 for the last 2 days.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:11 pm
Hi

Than missing files must just be some kind of a bug in my ftp client. I refreshed the view couple of times and it finally appeared. I was able to force the error message and learned that problem is server related:

Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set()

Looks like there is no mailserver configured. Try to set SMTP access in WP mail configuration and if this will not work than in php.ini or ask Your host provider for help.

GK User
Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:52 am
This is what I received from my host provider:

"I used the option "send a test email" to send email to our external gmail address and email is delivered successfully.

Please note that the problem is with your contact form..."

By the way, I have done the same steps and I totally agree. I just can't believe I spent so much time waiting for this to be resolved. What's the point of buying a subscription for your templates if I can't even have a simple contact form working?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:15 am
Also, this is what I have in the widget for the contact form:

<div class="gk-contact-form" data-cols="2">
[contactform name="yes" email="yes" captcha="yes" mailto="[email protected]"]

Is this correct?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:09 pm
Hi

I assure you i have checked contact form code. All ends with wp_mail() function. Every single parameter applied to this function is correct, but function cannot send the mail. This wp_mail() function is a standard mail function from wp using settings applied to wp mail configuration. That's why I can tell its not because of the contact form. I'm gonna ask one of programmers to join conversation. Maybe he will spot what I'm missing or what is wrong.

GK User
Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:57 pm
Cyberek is also aware of this. You may want to check with him.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:09 pm
Hi

Yes, I've talked to Him already. He agrees with me that it's a lack of smtp settings on server or something is wrong with WP mail plugin. I'm waiting for answer from Piotr who implemented it, but I made one more test and installed this template in my computer and with a clean quickstart contact works, so it's more and more looks like to be server related, also that's exactly what error message says.