Disable comments on pages

Beautiful and responsive WordPress theme with amazing parallax effect.
GK User
Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:07 pm
I want people to be able to comment on posts but I want to remove the comments form from pages

How do I disable comments on all existing and future pages?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:48 pm
Hi

If comments are being loaded in K2 than You will find an option to enable/disable comments in category settings.

GK User
Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:20 pm
It would appear the advice you are giving me os for Joomla - this is a WordPress thread

Also - I don't want to turn off comments globally - just for pages.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:42 am
Hi,

In this case please remove the following line from the page.php file:

Code: Select all
<?php comments_template( '', true ); ?>

I'll also add an option to disable comments on pages from the theme options.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:33 pm
Hey Thanks for this.

That's a great idea to add this option to the next update.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:08 pm
Hi,

i can't disable the comments on pages. In the Backend i set this option to "disabled". But the comments form are already there and not disabled…why? how can i fixe that with the "Creativity-Child"?. i would like to override the "page.php" in line 22 and will remove this line as you described it before. But not in the normal Theme. i will use the "child-theme" but how? and why there is a problem with the comments form option in backend when i disabled it…?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:54 pm
Hi @markushoffmann,

Please try to enable/disable this option when your parent theme is activated and let me know. You can also copy page.php file into your Child-Theme directory and there remove mentioned line. If that won't help, please send me a PM with backend and FTP access to your website, then I'll be able to help you.