Hard time transtlating plugins and child theme

Questions related to the configuration of Wordpress, themes, and security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:00 am
Hi,

I followed the tutorial to translate a wordpress website but i just can't see any modification.
Here is the steps i did:
1. I changed my website language to fr_FR in both wp-config.php and the admin->settings-general->Site Language.
2. I installed poedit and used it to create .po and .mo files.
3. I named my created files woocommerce-products-slider-fr_FR and placed it in the ./wp-content/languages/plugins directory.
4. NOTHING WORKS :(

I am trying to translate every single aspect of the front-end and back-end of my website. Nothing should still be in english.
Please help, i wasted way too much time in this...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:07 am
Hi,
So you have a problem with woocommerce-producsts.slider plugin only? Please ask woocommerce support about the issue. Regarding the child theme what's the problem exactly?

It should be much easier to use i.e. this plugin:
https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/

GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:54 pm
Actually the only one that worked is the woocommerce plugin. Nothing else worked. Including the wordpress Admin.
I will try to use the plugin you suggested and give you a feedback.

Thank you for you help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:33 pm
OK, i found the problem. Actually, i had to buy the pro version of poedit to understand that my po file should be name like this wcps-fr_FR.po instead of woocommerce-products-slider-fr_FR.po
Thank you for your help, i found loco translate pretty interesting but now that i have poedit pro, i won't really need it.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:40 pm
I come back because i face a strange problem. In my local environment, the translation works perfectly. But when i upload it, it just doesn't want to work. Sigh please help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:00 am
Please send me a private message with your website backend and FTP access, then I'll be able to check the issue.

GK User
Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:04 am
Thank you for your help. You were awesome.
For anyone who faces the same problem.
I was careless, i was using a child theme and was putting my .po/.mo in the language directory of my template instead of the child template...
Fresh Boarder