Setting up data sources for GK plugins

Questions related to the configuration of Wordpress, themes, and security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.6.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:19 am
I'm trying to setup external data sources for News Show Pro widget.
I'm able to use external RSS feed by simply entering URL next line to "Data source: " option set to "RSS feed".
But if I try to use "JSON file" or "XML file" option I get empty drop down box with just "Please select JSON file" or "Please select XML file". It seems that I have to setup such links somewhere else or this drop down box should be in fact a text field - same as when selecting "RSS feed"
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:06 am
Hello,

You have to upload your json or xml file into wp-content/uploads/gk_nsp_external_data directory. Then you can choose the proper uploaded file in the widget data source option.

GK User
Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:08 pm
Got it.
Any ways to set data source to a json or xml file fetched from remote server or local but executed pho code?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:53 am
For now it's not possible, you can add your suggestion on the official repository of News Shwo Pro plugin:
https://github.com/GavickPro/GK-News-Sh ... state=open